cornsnake?

FiReBaNaNa

i was out under my porch with my heat lamp hangin from the top and i've been collecting house geckos when a tiny cornsnake slithered across so i caught and fed to yoshi, not my baby ,but my uncles male veiled, he zapped the head ,so it couldnt bite and he seem so excited and happy then i fed rafikki the geckos awsome

yeah as long as the body is not wider than ur chams head and house geckos are deathly sensitive to pesticide so you don't need to worry about what it ate just keep the gecko for at least 8 hours before feeding, so if a bug they did eat had poison in it the gecko would pass on.

never thought of feeding house geckos :O do you think a full sized panther could eat babie leopard geckos? just asking for when i breed my geckos and any babies have deformaties

only if they have deformities i have 6 leopards and im not even sure then when mine are born wrong i put them in a bag and freeze them because freezing them puts them to sleep pretty quick cause they are reptiles

First of all, freezing is very painful. Reptiles should be put in the fridge first and then in the freezer - please read up about this before any other reptiles have to feel their blood cristalize in their veins.

Secondly, yes technically your chameleons can eat geckos and other small animals. I've had house geckos get into my cages through the plants and I've seen my Jackson eat them. I wouldn't condone the practice, but you could if you wanted to (edit. Actually, I would be extremely against it - feeding one pet to another pet seems downright evil. I wouldn't feed malformed geckos I've bred to my other pets). I would just be careful about anything wild lizards and snakes would be carrying.

no1!!! i wasnt gunna feed them alive lol i was just wondering if chameleons can eat leopard geckos at all lol

first of all, blood is one of the last things that freezes(for it has a natural anti-freeze in the blood known in both reptiles and more dominately amphibians), and cold blooded animals become slugish not having the ability to retract heat to there inner body( taking the blood from the limbs of there body and using it for a last resort of heat) meaning the reptiles brain will shut down shortly after being put in the negative 5 degree freezer temp, the least of requirement to comite a humane disgard.

Lizards are good for your chameleon to eat on occasion for a boost in calcium or vitamin A. But if fed too much you chameleon could OD on vitamin A so I wouldnt feed anything with blood more than once every 2 months. Don't want any health complications due to vit.A overdose.

Also! you may wanna read this thread and see what freezing a reptile entails since you have the wrong idea about it. https://www.chameleonforums.com/euthanasia-26839/

I believe that the veterinary community at large has ruled against freezing of animals as a humane practice.

"..Cooling may be used to decrease activity in animals prior to euthanasia, but the temperature must be no lower than that normally experienced by the species. Freezing a conscious animal is not permissible, except when small animals are flash frozen in liquid nitrogen.". here is the source

FYI

Gpmo (him)

Last edited:
the reptiles brain will shut down shortly after being put in the negative 5 degree freezer temp, the least of requirement to comite a humane disgard.

The brain is actually the last organ your body will allow to shut down, so several other organs will go before your brain finally dies.

But still, I don't want to distract from the point of the thread, I just needed to point that out.

Back
Top Bottom