Contemplating the Meaning of Life

Andrew1283

Chameleon Enthusiast
It’s time for a monthly deep clean of the enclosure which is more thorough than my daily and weekly maintenance. While she’s out and going on her majestic palm plant I couldn’t resist snapping a quick pic by the window. She looks like she’s staring into the distance and in deep contemplation. I know I’m nuts!

Attachments

• 54F85489-F626-4CCA-96A7-E4DFC49E8973.jpeg
    54F85489-F626-4CCA-96A7-E4DFC49E8973.jpeg
    154.8 KB · Views: 94
Thanks jannb and graymadder! Her gold is really coming out. She tolerates being picked up and moved during cleanings but then shows her gold colors to say OK that’s enough buddy now put me down on my plant!

Yes sir! I have a new Rubbermaid container in the bottom of her enclosure which is filled with moistened play sand. I’ll crack up when I come down to find the sand disturbed and an exhausted Cham up in her basking spot. Such a proud parent moment but sad they’re not fertilized! Well maybe not because I’m not going through the incubation and rehoming process for a dozen baby chams!

Not a sir!
Glad you have the container set up!
Hope all goes well.
If she doesn't follow the usual procedure and sits low in the cage, becomes lethargic, sleeps during the day drops eggs instead of laying them in the hole, post right away and get her to a good chameleon vet ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom