Conjoined eggs!!!!!

Chameleon Nation

Avid Member
Has anyone on here ever successfully hatched any conjoined eggs before? For that matter have any of you ever had any conjoined eggs before? I have had a few girls do this to me but most of them have went bad. However these ones are a month away from hatching and they are growing rapidly. I'm just a little curious to see if this has ever been successful for anyone. The pic is a little dark but if you enlarge it you can see.

Last edited:
What kind of eggs are they? I'm curious that you have had a couple of girls do it. What kind of chams are we talking about? Keep us posted.

Debby

I have had panther eggs that were joined together. They went full term....the first to pip (slit the egg) was fine but the one in the joined egg pipped into the other egg and suffocated.

I have had panther eggs that were joined together. They went full term....the first to pip (slit the egg) was fine but the one in the joined egg pipped into the other egg and suffocated.

Well thats not very good. Well hopefully by some stroke of luck they'll hatch at the same time and both will be o.k.. I don't think that they are attached internally so I'm pretty sure there will be no 2 headed chameleons or anything like that lol..... Wouldn't that be something to see though.

The problem was more that if the other baby had been facing the opposite way it would likely have been okay. Pipping at the same time isn't really going to be a solution. If they both pip facing the same direction one's head will be next to the other's bum and it still won't have its head in the air in order to breath.

Back
Top Bottom