Concerned Over 5.5 Month Old Panthers Growth

NashansCamos

Chameleon Enthusiast
Having Jango has been a really great expirience watching him grow up and develop colors but im concerned about his growth rate... I have seen other 5 month old chams that are wayyyy bigger than him. I got Jasper at 6 months and he was double what jango is nowat 5.5 months.

When we got him I think he was 2.5 inches snout to vent and now he is a little over 3 inches snout to vent.

Now obviously i'm aware that every cham is different and has different growth rates but this one seems substantial. Hes just small.

In the morning I will weigh him and show photos.

Some really do grow at a slower rate. There is a thread of babies from Hammy and Ivy. There are babies that are 6 months and at 110+ grams and then there’s babies at 7 months at 86-90. Their a month younger and small yet just as healthy. If you’re feeding him and have the correct husbandry then there shouldn’t be anything to worry about.

Some really do grow at a slower rate. There is a thread of babies from Hammy and Ivy. There are babies that are 6 months and at 110+ grams and then there’s babies at 7 months at 86-90. Their a month younger and small yet just as healthy. If you’re feeding him and have the correct husbandry then there shouldn’t be anything to worry about.
I forgot to mention in original post that due to a shortage of food we had to give him like 5 a day for a couple weeks because we were running out fast and delivery was delayed. I don't know if tbis has an affect but i dooubt hes anywhere near 80 grams if i had to guess ?

As @Haley Hendrix said it is your husbandry that matters. It is all a crap shoot on size... Within our group there is a vast difference in sizes.

Feeder amounts, types of feeders, temps, and genetics all play into growth rate. Your best bet is taking weights weekly. to ensure a consistent gain. If your concerned get a fecal done to ensure there is not a parasite load. This can impact growth.

There are babies that are 6 months and at 110+ grams and then there’s babies at 7 months at 86-90.
he is 4 inches snout to vent.

Only 30 grams.

Apologies for crap photo.

Attachments

• IMG_0078.jpeg
    IMG_0078.jpeg
    410.7 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0080.jpeg
    IMG_0080.jpeg
    308.8 KB · Views: 115
Back
Top Bottom