Colourations under UVB vs sunlight

Sunguk

Hi I got my first panther chameleon a few days ago and being new to owning them, I'm wondering when chameleons display their best colours.
I've noticed my Nosy be panther chameleon showing cyans and greys under T5 UVB inside his enclosure, whilst showing his best blues and whites under sunlight.
Since the enclosure is where he will be for the most of the time, I would like to know if there is anything i could do so that he shows his best colours more.

Hi I got my first panther chameleon a few days ago and being new to owning them, I'm wondering when chameleons display their best colours.
I've noticed my Nosy be panther chameleon showing cyans and greys under T5 UVB inside his enclosure, whilst showing his best blues and whites under sunlight.
Since the enclosure is where he will be for the most of the time, I would like to know if there is anything i could do so that he shows his best colours more.
Well my panther show best colors when he is excited. That is when i get him out to his favorite tree and when give him superworms. I don’t know if its up to uvb or sunlight but there is definitely up to his mood. His colors when he ‘s in his enclosure are probably relaxed colors and when he gets out to explore he gets those strong pretty colors because he is excited!

Well my panther show best colors when he is excited. That is when i get him out to his favorite tree and when give him superworms. I don’t know if its up to uvb or sunlight but there is definitely up to his mood. His colors when he ‘s in his enclosure are probably relaxed colors and when he gets out to explore he gets those strong pretty colors because he is excited!

Thanks! I'll just have to take him outside to get him to colour up. Too bad where I live its either too hot or too cold for panthers most year round

mine kinda "tan" in sun. So i guess you could say you get deeper colors, not brighter or more of them.

Back
Top Bottom