Color

Gloriawood

Chameleon Enthusiast
I posted this in the identification forum, but now that I think about it I don’t think that was the correct place to post.

Hi! I am new to all this and have just adopted my first chameleon. He was previously kept by a student of mine who was rehoming him and I took him in. I have done my best in researching and I know there are a few things I need to change. However I am wondering about colors. I know that they change darker to absorb heat and he gets lighter when he is sleeping. But I have also been reading that they get dark when sick as well.

He was not kept in the most desireable conditions. This was not intentional, but he was getting the wrong lighting and no supplements with his previous owner. I have already changed this. I know he has some mbd from speaking with others here and we are working on that.

My question is how can I tell the difference between which colors are good colors and which mean he isn’t feeling well. I just am so nervous about all this 😅 and I want to do the best I can for this guy.

I have attached photos of him. The first is the darker colors I was talking about. Is this basking colors or is he not feeling well? Because he sometimes turns dark like this when he is not under his light. The second is his pajamas ☺️ these are my favorite. He is actually much brighter than what the photo shows and the last is what seems to be his normal colors?

Attachments

• F8D292A3-84E8-48D4-B179-A6D128123633.jpeg
    F8D292A3-84E8-48D4-B179-A6D128123633.jpeg
    180.9 KB · Views: 56
  • 0E9660A7-0A6C-40C6-B683-C1E0DEB60267.jpeg
    0E9660A7-0A6C-40C6-B683-C1E0DEB60267.jpeg
    117 KB · Views: 53
  • 6FC512F3-7653-4F03-AFEC-439E5B63E203.jpeg
    6FC512F3-7653-4F03-AFEC-439E5B63E203.jpeg
    193.1 KB · Views: 54
They all look normal. Stress colors are high contrast, dark spots etc. Also keep a lookout for sucken eyes, they sinkin on stress, not just dehydration etc.

PS he is showing past MBD based on his warped cask/head, so i hope that is getting addressed.

They all look normal. Stress colors are high contrast, dark spots etc. Also keep a lookout for sucken eyes, they sinkin on stress, not just dehydration etc.

PS he is showing past MBD based on his warped cask/head, so i hope that is getting addressed.
Yes. There is no exotic vet near me so I am currently searching for one. I have already changed his lighting and added supplements. I have only had him about a month.

Back
Top Bottom