Cleaning my fogger

Lindasjackson

Chameleon Enthusiast
To clean my fogger I’ve been taking it apart about every ten days and rinsing out the pvc pipes and reservoir with very hot water, letting it all air dry then putting it back together. Is that enough for cleaning? I read through a lot of stuff but it’s all confusing.

I'm interested in this as well as I am going to be plumbing my own soon and want to make sure that I can clean it effectively.

I spray the pipes with activated peroxide Lysol brand let it have 2 or more minutes of contact time and rinse thoroughly and let dry. I only use distilled water in my cool mist humidifiers to prevent build up and growth.

Where can I find that activated peroxide Lysol brand? Is it just activated peroxide by brand Lysol or does it have Lysol in it?

I doubled up my fogger set ups so I had two sets of pvc piping and on some of the cages two foggers

I scrubbed the fogger and inside the tubes each time I cleaned them and then the tubes were allowed to dry completely while the other set of pipes and fogger was in use

if you keep the pvc sections short enough they can be scrubbed with a long handled tube brush

Ask anyone who uses a cpap; they're essentially cool-mist humidifiers.
Ours get cleaned periodically with white vinegar, rinsed, & dried thoroughly (last thing you want is breathing vinegar all night... 🤮 ).

For those using PVC pipe to route the fog up to the top of the cage... Do you guys use unions or just not glue everything together so you can clean it?

Yep, no glue. It’s not holding water under pressure so you shouldn’t have any leaking at the joints even without glue

So I use F10 for everything from enclosures to silkworm containers etc. We sell it at my store if anyone needs any, it is tough to source.

Back
Top Bottom