Changed up embos enclosure a little

SorSor24

DE96A676-A019-47B9-97B1-FFC5484A7D2A.jpeg
8CAC870A-FAC9-40FD-A67F-2CE270620C71.jpeg

I changed his basking light for like the 30th time because it was too hot but the Arcadia 50w halogen heat bulb is perfect so far. I added more dowels up top for him to chose where he basks more, and moved the plants around because the fig fully died.

I changed his basking light for like the 30th time because it was too hot but the Arcadia 50w halogen heat bulb is perfect so far. I added more dowels up top for him to chose where he basks more, and moved the plants around because the fig fully died.
Nice foliage. The description of that bulb is... confusing. It says it has a wide angle (8.75 inches at 18" away) but it also says it's a 'Basking Spot'.

Generally, I don't like spots because they have a potential to burn. The temp goes from ambient to basking temp very abruptly, whereas a flood light produces a gradient of temps over an even wider area.

I don't want to say scrap it, but please be careful. Mounting it at an angle will help restore a gradient.
1637293274933.png

With the dense foliage you have, I'd also consider this plant light:
https://www.amazon.com/SANSI-Daylight-Lights-Indoor-Plants/dp/B07TKKG8Q3
It has the power to reach down into that foliage—and over a wider area.

Whichever plant light you go with, I would still angle the basking light to shine on a spot directly under the plant light (as shown above). The reason is that chameleons try to bask under the brightest light—even if it isn't the warmest place. (Personal experience)

Back
Top Bottom