chameleons and roaches

DITB

i recently bought bought 1 adult pair of veild chameleons and a colony of dubia roaches from dubiaman 8 most of them are adults(i asked for mostly adults) but now i realise how much larger they were than i thought they would be! the chameoleons can stillt ake them but it takes them longer. ive been trying to give them the younger roaches. these are my first chameleons and i was wonder how much they will actually eat(need to eat) i fear they stop eating because i stress them out when im in the same room.

I'm glad the colony is doing good. Just make sure they are not to big for the chameleon. and try different sizes and see how your chameleon does

Whats hard to believe about someone posting for the second time and specifically mentioning the username of his Dubia supplier who happens to reply 6 minutes later? Probably the fact that the username for DubiaMan8 was registered today. Wonder what the IP addresses show...

Chris

Edit: DubiaMan8 - Welcome to the board. Sorry for the skepticism. Timing just seemed odd to me.

Last edited:
Chris that's what I was thinking. :\ Suppose I should say welcome though. ;)

Last edited:
Ok thank you for the welcome but track our IP's we are on chat now and he said he posted a thread so i checked it out. but if you do not believe me oh well.

Welcome to the forum both of you. You'll do fine feeding off some of the younger and smaller roaches, though a full grown male can probably eat an adult dubia okay. Just remember to keep a few young roaches to grow the colony. And of course you can use crickets, silkworms, superworms (zophoba), moths, butterworms, isopods, etc as well. I think Diet variety is a good idea.

Many people suggest feeding their adult chameleons every other day. I personally choose to feed almost every day, but offer fewer feeders at a time.

A quote from the Raising Kitty site (which I recommend you check out if you've not already)
"The general rule is that the prey should be no larger than the space between the chameleons eyes. This is particularly important with young chameleons, but a good idea for all stages of life. One exception would be silkworms or waxworms which are quite soft bodied and can be much larger without presenting too much of a challenge to the chameleon. One will find that a fully developed adult veiled can handle a large cockroach, but smaller prey should make up the bulk of what is offered."
"...by one year of age the chameleon will most likely do quite well on three to five insects once every other day or so."

Whats hard to believe about someone posting for the second time and specifically mentioning the username of his Dubia supplier who happens to reply 6 minutes later? Probably the fact that the username for DubiaMan8 was registered today. Wonder what the IP addresses show...

Chris

Edit: DubiaMan8 - Welcome to the board. Sorry for the skepticism. Timing just seemed odd to me.

Oh btw chris. I like your parsons chameleon avatar.

oh i was trying to feed to much! i was trying to feed them each like 12 roaches a day hahahaha i guess thats why they werent eating that much. im probably going to hold off on the dubia until they start breeding although it apears some might have had babies cause im findy teeny tiny lil things that look like pill bugs in my roach tank.

HAHAHHAHAHA i just now posted and then i realised 2 minutes before(while i was writing my post) dubia man 8 posted to hahaha

Ok thank you for the welcome but track our IP's we are on chat now and he said he posted a thread so i checked it out. but if you do not believe me oh well.

Not to worry, glad to have you on the forum and sorry for the rash initial response. I've seen a couple new dealers over the years try to utilize concealed self-promotion and not having seen either or you on the forums before made me weary with the timing of the posts/registration. Glad to have you though.

Oh btw chris. I like your parsons chameleon avatar.

Thanks, its a male C. parsonii cristifer.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom