Chameleons 101

What’s your guys’ opinion on chameleons101.com? Hopefully some of you guys have bought from there and can give them a review for me, thanks in advance!

I haven't heard of them. But one of the things I look for is how young a breeder sells babies. I am suspicious of those who sell younger than 3 months old or who sell eggs. They are just too fragile when they're that young, and it makes me think they just want to turn around chameleons quickly without making the investment in raising babies.

Eric is a good friend of mine....he doesn't sell babies....nor do I......he sells eggs......along with chameleons.....an unhatched chameleon doesn't know any different of envirnment till it's born......is that cruelty?......I have near 100% success raising babies from egg... very very high........other breeders will know what I'm talking about....

Eric is a good friend of mine....he doesn't sell babies....nor do I......he sells eggs......along with chameleons.....an unhatched chameleon doesn't know any different of envirnment till it's born......is that cruelty?......I have near 100% success raising babies from egg... very very high........other breeders will know what I'm talking about....

Glad to hear this! I don't think it's cruel to sell or hatch eggs, just makes me suspicious, because it's much harder to take care of babies / hatchlings for the general public.

And sorry to insinuate he sells babies, I worded that poorly. My intention was to share something I look out for and that raises my concerns when I see a new-to-me breeder.

I have not heard of anything bad about them. Are you considering an egg? If it were me an egg would not be my idea of a good time. Hatchlings are a ton of work and not something I would take on as a first time keeper. But if this is what your set on doing take a look and listen to this https://chameleonacademy.com/hatching-a-panther-chameleon-egg/
No I was looking to get a grown chameleon rather than an egg, thanks for the help!

I haven't heard of them. But one of the things I look for is how young a breeder sells babies. I am suspicious of those who sell younger than 3 months old or who sell eggs. They are just too fragile when they're that young, and it makes me think they just want to turn around chameleons quickly without making the investment in raising babies.
Agreed

Back
Top Bottom