Chameleon wont fire up

reptileman

Avid Member
I am having trouble getting my chameleon to fire up. I have put him up to the mirror and up to another male for minutes at a time and still nothing. I dont want to stress the little guy out but I would like to get a few pics of him at least 1 time fired up. Let me know if anyones got any other ideas that might fire him up

How old is he and Have you seen him fired up before? Maybe he isn't old enough yet. Just a thought.

My 14mo old Male will only fire up in the presence of a female.
He'll some some colour when another male is around, but just shrugs him off. I've had both my males close to each other to see if I can get them to fire, but the smaller one just acted timid and the larger one just sat there going "If you get any closer, i'll just sit here looking at you more!!" ...
oh well.

ok I tried the female pressence it got him a little bit but his colors didnt change just puffed his chin and got all big

Here is what you do. Put the female with the boy you want to fire up. Let them hang out for 15 -30 minutes. Then introduce another male and in minutes he will fire.

Just be careful and supervise. I like to put a ficus on the outside of the enclosure, right up to the door and introduce the male there.

Last edited:
It might....depends where she is at right now. If she is gapes and looks stressed by the first male, there is probably no point. However, if she can chill by the male with out acting stressed it can work.

Yeah, no point in stressing her out. When she calms down and can tolerate the male. Then give it a try, that was how I got some of my boys to finally fire up.

Back
Top Bottom