Chameleon update

Riiiiivera

Hello it’s been a minute my chameleon is about 7-8 months old I just wanted to see if you guys can tell if he’s doing alright I feed him every other day now as apposed to feeding him everyday when he was younger. I mist 2 everyday before lights turn on and off and I also take him as much as I can outside in a pothos plant.

only thing that I noticed is that the last time he shed it was only the top half of his body and he seems to have these four set of bumps that I’ve circled in red he only has them on one side although I’m 50% sure they’re his ribs

D46F0787-7877-411E-98F3-50B3BDC302CD.jpeg

C456FB39-79E4-4BCB-8EAD-77E717849BBA.jpeg

786E84EC-E156-43B5-9A6F-91824F7C1066.jpeg

D699C6B8-63C2-40C9-8B72-75B72A8C99F4.jpeg

0F507AF3-55F4-4DB8-91D1-273858A2DE30.jpeg

BDBA9633-6BE6-41E2-822F-AA1F268734E1.jpeg

Also please let me know how his colors are these are his usual colors when he’s in his cage are these stress colors? Or is he fine?

More muted colors are calmer colors in Veileds. Displaying really dark like almost black is stress or anger. Very bright vibrant colors are firing up colors. It is a back off color display.

Visibly he looks ok. What supplements are you using? Did he have a fall when he was younger?

They shed in sections as they mature so this is normal.

Did you upgrade him to the 2x2x4 sized cage yet?

More muted colors are calmer colors in Veileds. Displaying really dark like almost black is stress or anger. Very bright vibrant colors are firing up colors. It is a back off color display.

Visibly he looks ok. What supplements are you using? Did he have a fall when he was younger?

They shed in sections as they mature so this is normal.

Did you upgrade him to the 2x2x4 sized cage yet?
Thank you for the quick reply. I give him repti calcium without D3 for most feedings and reptivite with d3 twice a month. Any suggestions on better supplements or are these fine. The ones bill strand advertises interest me but I’m not sure if there is any difference between them.

he did fall about a month or two ago gave me a scare but I couldn’t notice anything
Could that be the cause of those bumps :(

And I’m still working on getting him his bigger cage I was thinking of constructing one myself but honestly if I had ordered the dragon cage the last time I asked I would’ve had it by now haha

Thank you for the quick reply. I give him repti calcium without D3 for most feedings and reptivite with d3 twice a month. Any suggestions on better supplements or are these fine. The ones bill strand advertises interest me but I’m not sure if there is any difference between them.

he did fall about a month or two ago gave me a scare but I couldn’t notice anything
Could that be the cause of those bumps :(

And I’m still working on getting him his bigger cage I was thinking of constructing one myself but honestly if I had ordered the dragon cage the last time I asked I would’ve had it by now haha
The ones your using will work just fine. There are tons of ways to properly supplement with all the supplements that are on the market. The important thing about the Arcadia brand of supplements to know is UVB lighting has to be on point. They use a fraction of the amount of D3 in their revitaliseD3 compared to what is used in reptivite with D3 and many other popular supplements. They do this because if UVB is on point then the reduced D3 is fine. However I do not recommend using it unless you have a solarmeter 6.5 to check your UVB output and exposure levels.

So the bumps are most likely from the fall. If ribs were cracked then the calcium build as they heal up around those spots can cause little bumps. Nothing to worry about.

Get him into a bigger cage soon hun. He has already outgrown the one he is in now. :)

Back
Top Bottom