Chameleon Stressed

OliFC9

Hey guys, my 5 month old panther gets so frightened whenever I try to put new branches in his enclosure. He leans around branches whenever he sees them and won’t move until I take them out. Was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to put new things in the enclosure without scaring them?

It takes them a few days to a week or so to become comfortable with the cage changes. This is normal. He gets used to his "tree" then all the sudden the "tree" has new branches. It is confusing for them at first.

It takes them a few days to a week or so to become comfortable with the cage changes. This is normal. He gets used to his "tree" then all the sudden the "tree" has new branches. It is confusing for them at first.
while it may be this it could not have anything to do with cage changes.

All 3 of my chams are super friendly and rarely aggro but when i put in a stick or vine they go mad. This is because they think its a snake. Even now after like 2 years of ownership they'll still only get mad at me if im holding a stick and it looks like a snake. A stick or vine resembles a snake so their instinct is to go super aggro and defensive.

but of course he may just be confused and new so hes stressed.

Maybe he doesn't like your taste in branches. :rolleyes:

Perhaps try taking him out, putting him on a big houseplant, etc., and making changes while he's not at home.

Back
Top Bottom