Chameleon sat at the bottom of enclosure

jack_wardayyyy

Established Member
Hi everyone,

Just come home from work and found my little man sat right at the bottom of his viv and he’s quite dark compared to his normal self, should I be worried?
image.jpg

He looks good to me... They will start exploring all areas of their cage as they mature.
Ahhh thank you! Was worried saw him sat at the bottom and he’s moving slow when he is moving started to think I needed to take him to the vets

Ahhh thank you! Was worried saw him sat at the bottom and he’s moving slow when he is moving started to think I needed to take him to the vets
Coolest area of the cage is the bottom. If he was hanging out down there for a while then he would be a bit slower. :) But he looks good to me. Males will start to patrol their enclosure as they mature to see what and who is in there. Spring into summer they want to breed. At least this is when my male Veiled is most active in patrolling.

Coolest area of the cage is the bottom. If he was hanging out down there for a while then he would be a bit slower. :) But he looks good to me. Males will start to patrol their enclosure as they mature to see what and who is in there. Spring into summer they want to breed. At least this is when my male Veiled is most active in patrolling.
Thank for the info :) and glad you think he looks okay been worried since yesterday as he looked to be struggling when passing feces, his urate came out fine and then his feces took a while to come out he looked like he really struggled then it was small dry and hard :( haven’t seen any today just urate but I have been at work

Thank for the info :) and glad you think he looks okay been worried since yesterday as he looked to be struggling when passing feces, his urate came out fine and then his feces took a while to come out he looked like he really struggled then it was small dry and hard :( haven’t seen any today just urate but I have been at work
What did the urate look like?

The urate looked normal kind of an off whitish colour a bit orangey but nothing outside of normal and what it should look like, closer to white than any other colour
Ok this tells us hydration levels. So I just wanted to be sure. If you are feeding harder feeders the fecal can be harder.

Ok this tells us hydration levels. So I just wanted to be sure. If you are feeding harder feeders the fecal can be harder.
Ahhh this could be key, he’s been having dubia roachs more than anything at the moment but he’s eased on eating them in the past two days and seems only willing to eat locust and silkworms

This was his feces today (there was more urate it just broke off when I grabbed it)

Ahhh this could be key, he’s been having dubia roachs more than anything at the moment but he’s eased on eating them in the past two days and seems only willing to eat locust and silkworms

This was his feces today (there was more urate it just broke off when I grabbed it)
Just realised you’ve seen my other post when I have gone to get the image

Back
Top Bottom