Chameleon on the floor

maileybills

My veiled Chameleon Rango has been on the floor the last few days and he doesn’t usually do this. He’s eating fine.

In their photos you can see the chameleon a bit. It looks like a female veiled, carrying eggs, MBD. Possible slight MBD in one of the front limbs, you can't really see the others. Again not the best picture.

In their photos you can see the chameleon a bit. It looks like a female veiled, carrying eggs, MBD. Possible slight MBD in one of the front limbs, you can't really see the others. Again not the best picture.
879C2DEB-6FFF-4839-ABCD-D6118239EA41.jpeg

Trust me, Kinyonga knows what she’s talking about. That is 100% an egg bound female. She’s trying to find a place to lay her eggs. Vet ASAP!

I know for sure she's female because of her casque and her colors and pattern.

I know she has MBD because of the shape of her arms for one thing.
I'm reasonably sure from what you've said that you aren't doing the supplements properly.

I know she's gravid because she is fat with eggs...and although I can't prove the egg binding I'm positive from past experience that she is eggbound. How much have you been feeding her every week?

I know for sure she's female because of her casque and her colors and pattern.

I know she has MBD because of the shape of her arms for one thing.
I'm reasonably sure from what you've said that you aren't doing the supplements properly.

I know she's gravid because she is fat with eggs...and although I can't prove the egg binding I'm positive from past experience that she is eggbound. How much have you been feeding her every week?
About 5 mealworms everyday and sometimes they’re dusted and have the drops on them

Her diet and supplementation are basically inadequate. I looked at your other thread. You've already heard that her setup is as well. She's in big trouble because of all this. You will need an experienced reptile vet ASAP!! You'll also need to change almost all aspects of her husbandry if she's going to have any chance. If you look under the Resources tab above you can see articles and caresheets that will tell you what you'll need to do. Whoever you got your care information from was clueless. So sad, frustrating, cruel, and unnecessary!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom