Chameleon not pooping or peeing

OreoPapii

My chameleon Zippy was just recently moved to a new bigger cage. And he has been in there for maybe a week and a half now. He has not pooped or peed I’ve checked his cage an he hasn’t gone yet from what I can see. He normally pooped every other day and also pees or if he doesn’t poop he’d pee but he hasn’t done any of that at all. His new cage is closer to the window because it didn’t fit where I had his old one he likes to look out the window also but I don’t know if it’s a problem maybe he’s too occupied looking out I don’t know. He’s eating and drinking water I watch him but he hasn’t pooped. If someone can help that would be great and very appreciated.

TMK, chameleons don't "pee"; they excrete solid white urate like many other reptiles. Sometimes there can be a watery liquid along with regular defecation, but that's just excess water being eliminated—it's not urine.

My suspicion is that it's just relocation stress, which can throw them off their regular schedules for up to a week (more or less). I'd look around a little more carefully in case he managed to hide it well, but I'd wait a bit longer before worrying too much; the dam is bound to burst soon. ;)

TMK, chameleons don't "pee"; they excrete solid white urate like many other reptiles. Sometimes there can be a watery liquid along with regular defecation, but that's just excess water being eliminated—it's not urine.

My suspicion is that it's just relocation stress, which can throw them off their regular schedules for up to a week (more or less). I'd look around a little more carefully in case he managed to hide it well, but I'd wait a bit longer before worrying too much; the dam is bound to burst soon. ;)
Thank you he actually just pooped and yeah I know they don’t pee I just call the white stuff pee but he went in the back of his cage behind all the leaves and as I was leaving the room I saw it and it was huge LOL

Back
Top Bottom