CHAMELEON KEEPS HIDING IN BRANCHES — NOT BASKING

sarie

my cham carlos is around 1 year. recently, he has been staying on the branch where he usually sleeps (hidden beneath leaves) with his tail curled up. whenever i come home he isn’t basking and when i take him out and put him on his basking branch he goes back to the same sleeping spot with his tail curled. he isn’t really showing visible signs of sickness so i may take him to the vet if he keeps doing this. has this happened to you befroe?

Hi, a couple questions:
  • When you say he goes to his sleeping spot, does he actually go sleep there or just hang out, awake?
  • What are the cage temps (both overall and basking)?

Hi, a couple questions:
  • When you say he goes to his sleeping spot, does he actually go sleep there or just hang out, awake?
  • What are the cage temps (both overall and basking)?
He’s always awake he just sits there and sometimes he comes out to eat but then he goes back.

his overall is around 70-75
his basking temp is 85

He’s always awake he just sits there and sometimes he comes out to eat but then he goes back.

his overall is around 70-75
his basking temp is 85
What is your current supplementation schedule and what supplements are you using?

Are you using a T5HO fixture with a 5.0 or 6% bulb?

How long have you had him?

Have you gotten a fecal done?

Please post a current picture of the entire enclosure and of the chameleon.

What is your current supplementation schedule and what supplements are you using?

Are you using a T5HO fixture with a 5.0 or 6% bulb?

How long have you had him?

Have you gotten a fecal done?

Please post a current picture of the entire enclosure and of the chameleon.
Calcium without d3 daily. Twice a month he gets repashy with d3 and mulivitamin.

i use a reptisun 5.0 t5ho

i’ve had him 7 months

got a fecal done and he has pinworms and he was given medication and he got better

not home right now but i will post when i am

Calcium without d3 daily. Twice a month he gets repashy with d3 and mulivitamin.

i use a reptisun 5.0 t5ho

i’ve had him 7 months

got a fecal done and he has pinworms and he was given medication and he got better

not home right now but i will post when i am
Which repashy are you using?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 72
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 71
What is the distance from the UVB to the branch below it? It looks extremely close. With a single bulb T5HO fixture and a 5.0 bulb you need a full 8-9 inches down to the branch below it for the correct UVI exposure.

Back
Top Bottom