Chameleon Jungle Gym

KiwitheCham19

Wanted to show off Kiwis free range climbing. He seems to like it!

He doesn’t leave his enclosure often (a good sign I’m doing something right lol) but when he chooses to explore my plant room I finally have a place to put him! Making it a lot easier to deep clean or change out some plants.

Note: I am aware this does not contain UVB/heat. He is not a full time free range Cham, this is purely for exploring/getting him out of the cage for cleaning for a few hours max :)

Any tips/tricks or suggestions for improvement? He seems to spend most of the time staring out the window
915E42E6-7C7E-46BB-9D57-014E81C63D8B.jpeg

Just be cautious with the material you are using... They can get their nails caught in it. It should stay stronger since it is not being exposed to water.
What material do you suggest? I don’t want it to be permanent (so it can be easily removed) since I have stakes attaching it to my plant. His cage only has sticks and real plants

What material do you suggest? I don’t want it to be permanent (so it can be easily removed) since I have stakes attaching it to my plant. His cage only has sticks and real plants
The issue with that burlap type cording is that it can be rough on their feet but their nails can get caught. Same with the burlap mesh your using. You could use flukers fake vines. These are lightweight and easily removable. If your just using this for a short period of time. Remove the mesh portion. That poses more risk then the thicker rope. Then he is at lower risk for getting his nails caught up as well.

Don't be surprised if he gets frustrated going back to his cage. Chams that find some where they like better then their cage can start pacing their cage to try to get back to that area. lol

Back
Top Bottom