Chameleon cage

Hi,
Looking to buy a chameleon cage for around 80 hopefully. Looking online an zoomed ones are out of stock.
Any advice on a cage shop be appreciated. Looking for 18x18x36"

Have two boys coming Wednesday. Going have house them together for a week or two they are currently housed together with what am told. Need another cage asap.

My new babies :)

Attachments

• imagejpeg_1(2).jpg
    imagejpeg_1(2).jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 62
  • imagejpeg_1(3).jpg
    imagejpeg_1(3).jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 61
Have you checked craigslist or Facebook marketplace? Housing them together is a bad idea as they will stress each other out. 18x18x36 is too small for an adult but can be okay for a single subadult.

If you live in the Sacramento, CA area, I can lend you a cage. Otherwise, keep checking FB marketplace or craigslist--perhaps you might get lucky. I wouldn't wait until August to purchase a second cage. If you can't find one on the sources I recommended, you should consider building a temporary cage or buying a butterfly cage/habitat made from mesh. Then construct a pvc frame around it to hold up the lights. @Shanar808 uses a butterfly habitat for her jackson's chameleon, you could try messaging her.

At this size and age, your two male panthers will nip each other's tails and stress each other out.

They are adorable little guys. They each will need their own enclosure ASAP and the bigger, the better. With the price of lumber, I’m not sure if it would be more cost effective to build your own vs buying enclosures. Definitely something you may want to look into though.

They are at an age where housing them together is not recommended. I know you are needing to do this until you get the other cage next week but babies will nip at one another. Really pay very close attention to them for this.
Noticing issues where one stays at top of the enclosure. Other mid level. With second enclosure coming tomorrow. Think I can get them separated by late Saturday. Other then that there doing well. Eating crickets and black soldier flies. Had like 10 of those ready today.

Noticing issues where one stays at top of the enclosure. Other mid level. With second enclosure coming tomorrow. Think I can get them separated by late Saturday. Other then that there doing well. Eating crickets and black soldier flies. Had like 10 of those ready today.
Yep one is more dominant then the other. So separating is going to be very important so the other one is able to bask and get UVB lighting.

Back
Top Bottom