Chameleon acting very sleepy won’t open eyes

He is a veiled Cham maybe 1 year old not sure bc he’s adopted. He’s been acting very lethargic lately. Not sure why he won’t move or open eyes or eat. He is not a dark color which is odd to me. Is uvb bulb is good and he has a constant water drip. I have noticed some red spots on his leaves maybe from his stole. Please help vet is not an option..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 71
  • 7EFB7E48-EFF8-46BD-9814-CF6E47C91819.jpeg
    7EFB7E48-EFF8-46BD-9814-CF6E47C91819.jpeg
    229.6 KB · Views: 56
Been seeing this “vet is not an option” lately. What’s up with that, like there is some magic answer for the crowd that doesn’t want to go to a vet. I’m sorry to be blunt, but your chameleon is likely dying from a parasite just by the little info you give us. A vet is a must and needs it yesterday… poor thing looks terrible.

Been seeing this “vet is not an option” lately. What’s up with that, like there is some magic answer for the crowd that doesn’t want to go to a vet. I’m sorry to be blunt, but your chameleon is likely dying from a parasite just by the little info you give us. A vet is a must and needs it yesterday… poor thing looks terrible.
A vet is not an option because I don’t have hundreds to waste for him to die anyways. I have a bad previous experience with vets. I want to help him with what I can afford

Is this the same chameleon you got in 2019? Or is this another one? Is it the one that had the growth on the eye turret? What did the Vet say about that?

im really sorry to be blunt but if you can’t afford a vet then you shouldn’t keep chameleons. He should have been taken to the vet before he got this bad and it isn’t wasting money to take a Cham to a vet. Even if it’s too far gone and you know it will die, just take him to have him put out of his pain and suffering.

A vet is not an option because I don’t have hundreds to waste for him to die anyways. I have a bad previous experience with vets. I want to help him with what I can afford
Trust me, I understand the hesitation to go to vets for every little thing. It’s so expensive sometimes. Sometimes though, a vet is absolutely necessary. This Cham should have gone a while ago before it was facing death. My guess is bad coccidia among other things.

I tend to go to the vet proactively and often and since I have pet insurance and affordable good vets in my area that works out for me. If I didn't or was strapped for cash I would fall back on the "life or limb" principal. When something might threaten your pet's life or a limb (for Chams also their eyes!) then it's vet time.

Trust me, I understand the hesitation to go to vets for every little thing. It’s so expensive sometimes. Sometimes though, a vet is absolutely necessary. This Cham should have gone a while ago before it was facing death. My guess is bad coccidia among other things.
I understand all your Guys feedback and will respond accordingly to my baby! Thank you!

All animals need vets from fish to dogs to even us humans need medical attention there’s no animal that won’t get sick I’m sorry to say but if you can’t afford or simply don’t want to take your pets to the vet then you shouldn’t get any more pets you should ALWAYS have money for a vet no matter the animal or situation these are living creatures with their own feelings this one may seem too far gone but there are some chameleons that make incredible recoveries after going to a good vet I don’t mean to sound rude here

Back
Top Bottom