Cham hangs out on one area of screen, thoughts?(outdoor enclosure)

jamest0o0

Chameleon Enthusiast
Just wanted to see if anyone has ideas as to why my guy hangs out in this one area of the screen. There are loads of branches, the plants make it hard to see. I have them at all levels and have even set them in different spots around that part of the screen and he mostly ignores them. It's not unusual for him to crawl to the bottom every once in a while, he's normally about 2-3 feet up where he's at in this picture. When he gets misted he comes to the branches and bathes, but then goes back to the screen lol. He didn't do this last year, but it is also possible he's still adjusting to the new cage outside. IME Parsons take a very long time to comfortably settle into a new environment and he's only been out there for a few weeks(and in that time I've moved a lot around). Lmk if you see anything I may be missing!

Attachments

• 20200618_125226.jpg
    20200618_125226.jpg
    483.6 KB · Views: 131
  • 20200618_125147.jpg
    20200618_125147.jpg
    321.7 KB · Views: 88
  • 20200618_125343.jpg
    20200618_125343.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 99
  • 20200618_125357.jpg
    20200618_125357.jpg
    332.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 20200618_125307.jpg
    20200618_125307.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 103
  • 20200618_125326.jpg
    20200618_125326.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 89
Sometimes he'd just traverse the screen which is normal, but he seems to be trying to get somewhere. Maybe the trees on the other side that he sees? The cage is about 8 feet high, 4 feet deep, another 8 feet long(not exact, but around there)

my guys have all been doing that outside (the males, at least). they're all going to down a corner and trying to push the screen as if to escape. Eventually they give up and go back to normal spots. I think they are trying to get out of the cage to get to the nearby trees, in my case.

Mine always wanted to see out the cage, aka look out the window. They would poke their heads out between the blinds just to see what was going on outside the house.

The set up looks great. My thoughts echo @salty dog. Maybe just wants that tree or a bug. If you have been moving thing and they are slow to settle, then maybe just a bit more time is all he needs. I know things are solid outside for you as far as temps and humidity.

is there something I'm missing here?? I don't see a chameleon in any of the pictures... my guess would be that hes looking for something or at something. a lot of animals have daily patterns, maybe theres a type of animal that comes through near his cage everyday and hes looking for it??? or like a colony of bugs he wants?

edit: ive been looking for 5 mins already, starting to consider the fact that I'm just crazy lol, it says theres a chameleon in there, I just don't see him........

is there something I'm missing here?? I don't see a chameleon in any of the pictures... my guess would be that hes looking for something or at something. a lot of animals have daily patterns, maybe theres a type of animal that comes through near his cage everyday and hes looking for it??? or like a colony of bugs he wants?

edit: ive been looking for 5 mins already, starting to consider the fact that I'm just crazy lol, it says theres a chameleon in there, I just don't see him........
No it’s just James pulling our legs as always

My thought is there is an insect he's looking at.. your setup is bad ass!!
Yeah I'm thinking he's seeing something as well, maybe the bush next to the cage. I have mesh over the screen on the side so it's harder to see through, but he probably still can. And thank you for the compliment!

my guys have all been doing that outside (the males, at least). they're all going to down a corner and trying to push the screen as if to escape. Eventually they give up and go back to normal spots. I think they are trying to get out of the cage to get to the nearby trees, in my case.
Sounds very similar to what he's doing. Probably same thing going on. I can't remember if he did this often last year or not, I know eventually he was always up on his branches.

Mine always wanted to see out the cage, aka look out the window. They would poke their heads out between the blinds just to see what was going on outside the house.
Makes sense lol

The set up looks great. My thoughts echo @salty dog. Maybe just wants that tree or a bug. If you have been moving thing and they are slow to settle, then maybe just a bit more time is all he needs. I know things are solid outside for you as far as temps and humidity.
Yup I think I need to just give him some time. Takes him a very long time any time I change something. He seems to like it out there, just a little hyper. Probably heavy stimulation wanting to explore.

Wow talk about welcome to the jungle!!!!

my guess he sees something he wants but can’t get to it
The jungle of tick bites

My guess is he need more leaves bunched together so he can hide, play, rest in.
I'll make sure to add more leaves for him to play in

Don't you know, chameleons change colors to their surroundings, he's dead center.

No it’s just James pulling our legs as always
When have I ever

New game, find the chameleon so half of you know what the heck I'm talking about. First to find gets my award winning deep fried roach recipe

Back
Top Bottom