Cham eye

VioletsGrim

Hey y’all,
This started yesterday. She has been closing her right eye and I am not sure why. Is this a vitamin A deficiency? Or an infection? Her left eye seems to be functioning just fine. So I am not sure.
IMG_0626.jpeg

IMG_0630.jpeg

Hey there... Can I see a picture of her entire enclosure including the lighting on top?

Please take pics of your supplements and tell me how you are using them.

Hey there... Can I see a picture of her entire enclosure including the lighting on top?

Please take pics of your supplements and tell me how you are using them.
I use the calcium without d3 everyday. The one with d3 every other week. I started using the vitamins a couple days ago because I saw Neptunes video about that. 2x a month. I use the reptisafe everytime I refill the spray bottle for misting. I’m still trying to find a good way to put the plants up higher without ruining the mesh on the cage and also spacing it out. So I am totally aware of that. I got the uvb bulb from someone on Facebook. I have her by the window for lighting because her heat bulb doesn’t have light. I think that is pretty much it?
IMG_0632.jpeg
IMG_0633.jpeg
IMG_0634.jpeg

I use the calcium without d3 everyday. The one with d3 every other week. I started using the vitamins a couple days ago because I saw Neptunes video about that. 2x a month. I use the reptisafe everytime I refill the spray bottle for misting. I’m still trying to find a good way to put the plants up higher without ruining the mesh on the cage and also spacing it out. So I am totally aware of that. I got the uvb bulb from someone on Facebook. I have her by the window for lighting because her heat bulb doesn’t have light. I think that is pretty much it?
View attachment 339185View attachment 339186View attachment 339187
Ok for supplements use the calcium without D3 in the container at every feeding then two times a month say the 1st and the 15th you will use the reptivite with d3 (this has vitamin A and other vitamins in it). Remember lightly dusting the bugs, they should not be coated.

Now for the lights look at the bulb at the end it should say if it is a 5.0 or 10.0 bulb strength. She can get far too close to her uvb lighting putting her in a high over exposure level of UVB. You want a full 8-9inches between the bottom of the fixture and the branch. So you can either cut that branch down 8 inches below the screen and put in some more horrizontals at the same distance or you can raise the UVB fixture. I personally would cut down.

For the heat fixture remove the CHE bulb. You want a regular incandescent white bulb about a 60 watt. Again at least 8-9 inches between where the fixture sits and the branches below to ensure there is not a thermal burn risk with the 60 watt.

I am betting her closing the eyes has everything to do with being far too close the the UVB. They do not understand that it is too strong because in the wild they do not have the same risks they do in cages with T5HO lighting on them. So they will crawl high because they feel safe there.

You do not need to waste your money on the reptisafe. Buy bottled water or get a britta filter pitcher.

Ok for supplements use the calcium without D3 in the container at every feeding then two times a month say the 1st and the 15th you will use the reptivite with d3 (this has vitamin A and other vitamins in it). Remember lightly dusting the bugs, they should not be coated.

Now for the lights look at the bulb at the end it should say if it is a 5.0 or 10.0 bulb strength. She can get far too close to her uvb lighting putting her in a high over exposure level of UVB. You want a full 8-9inches between the bottom of the fixture and the branch. So you can either cut that branch down 8 inches below the screen and put in some more horrizontals at the same distance or you can raise the UVB fixture. I personally would cut down.

For the heat fixture remove the CHE bulb. You want a regular incandescent white bulb about a 60 watt. Again at least 8-9 inches between where the fixture sits and the branches below to ensure there is not a thermal burn risk with the 60 watt.

I am betting her closing the eyes has everything to do with being far too close the the UVB. They do not understand that it is too strong because in the wild they do not have the same risks they do in cages with T5HO lighting on them. So they will crawl high because they feel safe there.

You do not need to waste your money on the reptisafe. Buy bottled water or get a britta filter pitcher.
Thank you so much! This was very helpful. :) I did not know the one with d3 came with vitamins lol

Thank you so much! This was very helpful. :) I did not know the one with d3 came with vitamins lol
It’s a very common issue with that one. But it is a complete multivitamin with D3.

Fix the lighting distance and hopefully there will be an improvement in the eye. If it does not improve after a few days we need to check overall husbandry. 😊

It’s a very common issue with that one. But it is a complete multivitamin with D3.

Fix the lighting distance and hopefully there will be an improvement in the eye. If it does not improve after a few days we need to check overall husbandry. 😊
What if she climbs the cage towards the light fixture? How would I stop that?

Hi. Very glad you’ve found your way here. :) To help prevent your little cutie from screen climbing and solve the problem of how to attach branches without damaging the screen…..
You can use branches you collect outside. Give a little scrub with dish soap and rinse very well. Let dry in the sun if able. Hopefully you’ve been able to find some that are mostly straight but with a gentle curve. You want to attach those to the corners of your enclosure frame. I use thin crafting wire and make sure to leave the pointed ends outside the enclosure. Then you can build off of this. Put a branch or two connecting the corner support branches in an ‘H’ shape. Go crazy with lots of branches to give your little one lots of chameleon roads to travel. I usually set a taller plant in the middle and then set up my branches around it. To elevate plants, I use turned over plant pots in a stack of however tall I want. Just make sure nothing can tip over easily.
If your little one insists on walking upside down along the screen top and risking burning herself, you’ll need to raise your lights at least a couple of inches above the screen. I use small wire baskets from the dollar store to do that. Hopefully these pics of my setting up progress will help show what I mean. *I did add many more branches. As your girl grows, she will need a minimum size of 2x2x4’ enclosure. For setting those up, Dragon Ledges are awesome. https://dragonstrand.com/dragon-ledges/
IMG_2712.jpeg
IMG_2718.jpeg
IMG_3222.jpeg

Hi. Very glad you’ve found your way here. :) To help prevent your little cutie from screen climbing and solve the problem of how to attach branches without damaging the screen…..
You can use branches you collect outside. Give a little scrub with dish soap and rinse very well. Let dry in the sun if able. Hopefully you’ve been able to find some that are mostly straight but with a gentle curve. You want to attach those to the corners of your enclosure frame. I use thin crafting wire and make sure to leave the pointed ends outside the enclosure. Then you can build off of this. Put a branch or two connecting the corner support branches in an ‘H’ shape. Go crazy with lots of branches to give your little one lots of chameleon roads to travel. I usually set a taller plant in the middle and then set up my branches around it. To elevate plants, I use turned over plant pots in a stack of however tall I want. Just make sure nothing can tip over easily.
If your little one insists on walking upside down along the screen top and risking burning herself, you’ll need to raise your lights at least a couple of inches above the screen. I use small wire baskets from the dollar store to do that. Hopefully these pics of my setting up progress will help show what I mean. *I did add many more branches. As your girl grows, she will need a minimum size of 2x2x4’ enclosure. For setting those up, Dragon Ledges are awesome. https://dragonstrand.com/dragon-ledges/
View attachment 339188View attachment 339189View attachment 339190
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom