Cham acting strange..?

Lexlynn

Established Member
My female veiled is about 6 months almost 7 months now. And she’s not a huge fan of being near me she’ll climb on my hand often only when she’s about to be fed. But today I’m cleaning the enclosure and she keeps climbing out of the cage. I put her back 3 times now and she insists on coming onto the screen door and sitting right next to my head . It’s like the weirdest thing she voluntarily climbed on my arm and keeps looking to the window?? I’ve had her uv for 4 months thinking maybe it needs to be replaced ? I’m not even sure. Her husbandry is fine as always I have no idea what it could be but it’s just weird.

I've always heard if they are climbing out, or trying to, their enclosure isn't big enough. I didn't look at your husbandry info, so I don't know what size she's in.

I have the opposite with my 6 month old, almost 7 month old male Panther. He's my 3rd one and the 2 previous ones I've had were super friendly, climbing on my arms and up onto my head when I'm trying to clean the poop out their cage 🙁 Not this one. He acts ridiculous trying to get away from me.

I've had him almost 3 months and I've never once handled him. If he has it his way, it doesn't look like I ever will either. I'm not pushing it. For now I'm grateful not to have to hide from him if he sees me so he doesn't start climbing on the door 🧐

None of them are alike, doesn't matter the breed or the sex. Not to mention as juveniles they still have a lot of growing to do

I've always heard if they are climbing out, or trying to, their enclosure isn't big enough. I didn't look at your husbandry info, so I don't know what size she's in.

I have the opposite with my 6 month old, almost 7 month old male Panther. He's my 3rd one and the 2 previous ones I've had were super friendly, climbing on my arms and up onto my head when I'm trying to clean the poop out their cage 🙁 Not this one. He acts ridiculous trying to get away from me.

I've had him almost 3 months and I've never once handled him. If he has it his way, it doesn't look like I ever will either. I'm not pushing it. For now I'm grateful not to have to hide from him if he sees me so he doesn't start climbing on the door 🧐

None of them are alike, doesn't matter the breed or the sex. Not to mention as juveniles they still have a lot of growing to do
I actually read that too so I was like oh god but she’s a female young still and her enclosure is 4 ft high by 2x2 it’s pretty big for her. I opened the cage a while ago and she wouldn’t even acknowledge me just stared lol. She reminds me of my daughter, one minute wants me the next hates me so who knows anymore lol

I actually read that too so I was like oh god but she’s a female young still and her enclosure is 4 ft high by 2x2 it’s pretty big for her. I opened the cage a while ago and she wouldn’t even acknowledge me just stared lol. She reminds me of my daughter, one minute wants me the next hates me so who knows anymore lol
That's a good size. You shouldn't need to upgrade unless you're just feeling generous 🤐
But yes, a pic of the enclosure like @Beman said so others can take a look and see if there's any thing that might be irritating her. She should want to be in her enclosure (for the most part) so it is pretty odd.
Funny, I joke about this male Panther acting like my daughter... do everything for them and they act like you're a monster 👾

My female veiled is about 6 months almost 7 months now. And she’s not a huge fan of being near me she’ll climb on my hand often only when she’s about to be fed. But today I’m cleaning the enclosure and she keeps climbing out of the cage. I put her back 3 times now and she insists on coming onto the screen door and sitting right next to my head . It’s like the weirdest thing she voluntarily climbed on my arm and keeps looking to the window?? I’ve had her uv for 4 months thinking maybe it needs to be replaced ? I’m not even sure. Her husbandry is fine as always I have no idea what it could be but it’s just weird.
Pictures please :)

All 3 of my chams head to the farthest reaches of their cages as soon as I open the door.
Then run back out the moment I leave to see if I bought any food.
I’ve been so busy for the past few weeks but noticed she only comes near the door when I approach the cage. She voluntarily comes out and goes back in when I put her back. I guess she just likes coming out every so often ??

My girl was always looking out before she was ready to lay
I have a vet appointment for her for an annual check up next week so I’ll be sure to mention this to them too. She only seems to want to come out when I approach the cage, but usually when I put food in she seems to not do it anymore. I wake up and SHES on her food perch waiting lol. I have a lay bin ready for her too

Back
Top Bottom