CBB Trioceros cristatus juvenile male

bobcochran

Chameleon Enthusiast
7 or 8 months old

IMG_2315.jpg
IMG_2317.jpg

Is anyone breeding this species in the US? I never see them available. I’d love to keep this species.
Sadly there are only a handful of people that have them and even fewer working with them. I have a lone male and wish I had gotten a pair a few years ago.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221219-141317_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221219-141317_Gallery.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20210205_012249_813.jpg
    IMG_20210205_012249_813.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 36
I believe it was Reptile Pets Direct got a Cameroon shipment back in the fall of 2019.
Let me think on this.
Yeah they may have, but that was long ago now, and it appears not many if any bred them successfully.
For some reason the mainland African species aside from Jackson’s are rare in the US. I remember years ago seeing them being imported quite often, but not so much in recent years.
And you’d think unique species like Cristatus and Quadricornis would be more commonly kept, but alas, they are not.

Yeah they may have, but that was long ago now, and it appears not many if any bred them successfully.
For some reason the mainland African species aside from Jackson’s are rare in the US. I remember years ago seeing them being imported quite often, but not so much in recent years.
And you’d think unique species like Cristatus and Quadricornis would be more commonly kept, but alas, they are not.
Cameroon, Congo and a few other countries have closed their borders so exports are no longer allowed is why we haven't seen many species for some time.

Back
Top Bottom