Catching a Jackson in Kaaawa

Coconuts24seven

I’d like to seek out someone in my neighborhood who might be able to help my 13 year old and I to find a Jackson in our neighborhood to capture and raise.

Jackson's in Hawaii are an invasive species so in this case removing one from the "wild" is not an issue. You would be doing the native species a favor. Just don't breed it and release the offspring.

Jackson's in Hawaii are an invasive species so in this case removing one from the "wild" is not an issue. You would be doing the native species a favor. Just don't breed it and release the offspring.
Ah ok how interesting. Being so fragile I would have never thought chameleons could be an invasive species.

Here is some interesting reading on the subject. I don't know if it mentions locations. There are threads on that you can find with the search feature.

I don't think it's ever right removing an animal if it's wildborne. Not sure what others think about this. Have you got the encolsure setup?
Having seen just a few effects of this personally (invasive species or not), the whole thing that I am against is not taking just a few minutes and actually researching what the animal needs and providing adequately for it. Stepping down off my soapbox now.

Back
Top Bottom