Can you help me sex this baby Ambilobe please?

Djborx

He/she is 3.5 months old. I think it's a male but not entirely sure.
Thanks
(more pics in the attachments, I reached the maximum 5 so I have included some more below)
IMG_6625.jpg

IMG_6626.jpg

IMG_6628.jpg

IMG_6634.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6612.jpg
    IMG_6612.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_6620.jpg
    IMG_6620.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_6621.jpg
    IMG_6621.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_6622.jpg
    IMG_6622.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_6624.jpg
    IMG_6624.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 136
The green cheeks scream female. But, in a couple pics he has the smallest little bump. Maybe, he is a grower and not a shower. But, if I had to place money on the bet: female.

I saw the small bump too and first think I thought was, this poor guy is not very well endowed... But as you suggest he might actually be a she.

Don't fret. I wonder about a good 5 or so every clutch. The very reason I hate selling them at such a young age. Some are no brainers, and others are just WTF. Good luck with 'Pat'. :eek: (Remember: there are no gender benders in the chameleon world!)

Ok so it seems we are leaning towards a female then... This was meant to be a male but aren't they all?
I had a very unfortunate experience with a female and I'm not ready to get a female just yet. If this one is not a male (the only one left the breeder has) I'll have to wait 2 months to get one. The other babies are still not ready to be sold.
There are more photos here if you want to make further assessments. Also, if you require a pic from a better angle I can always provide. Thanks!
IMG_6669.jpg

IMG_6662.jpg

IMG_6663.jpg

IMG_6695.jpg

IMG_6682.jpg

Glad to see your unfortunate experience with the female didn't make you decide not to have a chameleon. Also think it's wise of you to decide to get a male now.
Good luck with it!

Glad to see your unfortunate experience with the female didn't make you decide not to have a chameleon. Also think it's wise of you to decide to get a male now.
Good luck with it!
Thank you so much. I don't think I'm ready to give up on chameleons just yet, Ninja really stole my heart and I have loved looking after her. So I have decided to get another one, as you mention, it has to be male this time.
I know it sounds sexist but I really cannot go through the same thing again, it was too painful. Maybe in the future I can get another female but for now, it will have to be a male.
This is why it's so important I get the right sex now, the breeder is 100% sure this is a male, he did say it was hard for him to sex him at first but he is confident now. Apparently he has a very small genitalia.
All the members who have posted here and another external resource I have enquired to agree that this may be a female, so the breeder might be wrong. He was very sure and he is a nice guy so I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt, wait a couple of weeks to see if there's any development and decide then.

In some of the photos I would say male...but there are a couple that make me extremely doubtful. I'm anxious to know for sure myself.

Yeah, it is her cheeks that are a giveaway. As everyone on this site knows, I prefer the ladies in the panthers. Their cheeks turn blue and then green. The body then turns orange and finally pink @ 6 months. Then, kind of toned down to a dull gray when everything is receptive. Finally, with any luck, black and orange, with eggs. Good luck. (Looks like she could use some water and crickets in a couple pics. Try feeding her smaller prey, she may eat more, therefore filling out better).

Thanks for the advise. To be honest but I don't want to deal with any egg related issues, so I will stick with a male for now.
I will wait a bit longer to see if we can be more certain of her sex.

Back
Top Bottom