Can a cage be too big?

Can a cage be too big for a baby/juvenile panther chameleon if you make sure it's eating properly and is hydrated properly and all temps are good?

I used to breed ball pythons so I'm used to them feeling insecure and not eating in bigger enclosures.
If they have enough foliage and space to hide, you can give them a whole room. Breeders keeping BPs in tubs is just a lie they tell themselves to feel better, I know people with BPs in HUGE enclosures and they use every bit of it.

If they have enough foliage and space to hide, you can give them a whole room. Breeders keeping BPs in tubs is just a lie they tell themselves to feel better, I know people with BPs in HUGE enclosures and they use every bit of it.
I was just using bps as an example. But I've been breeding bps for 5+ years and had way better feeding responses, breeding and laying than any bigger enclosure. I had to downsize multiple females cause they were bad eaters and then boom best eaters I had. Not here to disagree or agree with BP keeping because that's besides the point as this is a chameleon forum just trying to make a point. Many people don't realize bps hide in tight holes their whole life and leave strictly for looking for food.I have experienced first hand happier animals in smaller tubs vs big enclosures, But again besides the point. Was just making sure a baby cham wouldn't have any problems in a bigger enclosure vs a smaller. Thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom