Cameras.

Regarding reflection/glare - polarizing filter removes them usually. Specifically for surveillance cams - try to place it against the glass. The viewing/shooting angle should be wide enough though.
I have mine placed flat to the glass door, sort of peeping inside - it swivels up with that door being open. Smth like this:
20191115_234704.jpg

True, but why do cameras seem to be hacked most often? Theres some horror stories out there with them. I'm not saying other things can't be either, that's why I keep nothing important on my phone or computer lol(or maybe I just have nothing important :LOL:). I'm really way out of my expertise here, I'm questioning you more experienced people, not arguing.

I manage 4 transitional residential properties that are camera-equipped and we continually get "hacked" -- the thing is that nothing happens because of it. My understanding is a large percent of hackers just want to see what they can get into. Now hacking your wifi would be interesting -- not sure the consequences of that -- but if you have ever had your phone connected to wifi then you're at the same risk as setting up a camera. I tend to not be worried about people hacking me cause they're just gonna see how broke and boring I am. Have fun watching me use the bathroom and sway slowly in front of my cham cage like a weirdo. Maybe they'll steal my identity and give me a better credit score. :p

I'll also say I tape up my computer cameras when not using them because I consider it just a regular thing that someone will try to hack my cam.

So I know not a lot about this, but my understanding is through hacking one weak device they can get into your whole system? Maybe I'm way off that though.

Most people use the same usernames, email accounts, and passwords for everything. They rotate thru a handful their whole e-life. Maybe add an ! At the end or an @ instead of an a. Hackers know this. If your credentials are hacked or breached just once, its on a list that gets cycled thru.

Checkout haveibeenpwned.com and enter your email addresses and see what breaches they show up on. If any... and you tend to reuse passwords, then consider making up something completely new for a password and change your email password first. Then you should consider changing the password to any account that points to tgat email (preferably with a different new password).

Also worth putting a lock on your credit so your identity cant be stolen (technically still can) and not ruin your credit and your sanity

Most people use the same usernames, email accounts, and passwords for everything. They rotate thru a handful their whole e-life. Maybe add an ! At the end or an @ instead of an a. Hackers know this. If your credentials are hacked or breached just once, its on a list that gets cycled thru.

Checkout haveibeenpwned.com and enter your email addresses and see what breaches they show up on. If any... and you tend to reuse passwords, then consider making up something completely new for a password and change your email password first. Then you should consider changing the password to any account that points to tgat email (preferably with a different new password).

Great, you just revealed my password @! Now my noble identity as Buglord will be stolen

Preach!

Btw I dont use FB, dont use siri, no alexa, etc. Then again, with a cellphone. Everything's being tracked anyway. I'm more concerned about someone hacking the camera because apparently it's not that uncommon of an issue.
If you have a bit of IT knowledge and a good router, you can change the default ports and even limit access by the mac address of devices, thus preventing any other device other than the allowed ones past your router firewall. It's all dependent on your hardware though and if it allows you to really control things yourself.

ALWAYS change the default passwords on ANY device. Basic but most 'hacking' is so simple as folk don't bother to do it.

Back
Top Bottom