Calumma globifer (genders)

CritterKing

Hello everyone,

As some of you know I've been working with Calumma species for some time now and I am trying to setup a breeding group here in the Netherlands.

I have been working hard to collect CB Calumma globifer specimens all over Europe and beyond. So far I have succeeded in collecting 6 animals for my breeding project.

But now the confusing part starts... the genders. When I started I had a proven breeding pair and I've used their characteristics as a baseline for sexing the animals. But now I have 6, and can't make heads or tails of it anymore. If I look at the behavior of the animals it tells me something different then their appearance.

I hope there are some members here that have more experience with these beautiful animals and can give their expert opinion.

All animals are kept separately for the moment.

I name all my animals, that makes it easier to refer to one instead of a number. And makes it easier for my records to track their lineage.

So I have posted some pictures here below with the name of the animal. I hope you can help me out here. What are your thoughts?

Antana:

Anjozo:

Angavo:

Anarivo:

Gaius:

Mario I think just by looking at the rostrals the following-
Antana- male
Anjozo- male
Angavo- female
Anarivo-female
Gaius- male

My only experience with them is seeing them in the wild so I am not 100% positive.

Carl

Mario I think just by looking at the rostrals the following-
Antana- male
Anjozo- male
Angavo- female
Anarivo-female
Gaius- male

My only experience with them is seeing them in the wild so I am not 100% positive.

Carl

This was my thoughts as well.

Chris

WOW!!! Beautiful chameleons. I can honestly say I've never seen these before. If you are successful breeding these please send all your babies over here to the U.S. Lol
Does anyone work with these here in the U.S.?

WOW !! these guys are amazing! the last 2 pics ! that specimen is bannanas, he looks like he has skeleton teeth painted on his lips, his colors are unreal, that would be my most coveted chameleon hands down after seeing his pic

Well, there you have it 3 members in agreement, and they regularly know their stuff!

CHEERS!

Nick

Back
Top Bottom