cage

Oh, he will get over it. You can fix the holes with Silicon.. Get those dragon ledges installed. The bigger the better.. I have a Panther anything smaller than 2xx24x48 wont work. You can make it so the misting wont get on the floor. I use window shrink film to keep the moisture in. My bottom is a Screen with a large tote for water waste. The best advise I could give you is. Don't let someone else's anger change who you are. Let that noise pass and just agree. It will save you allot of stress.
thanks

and he is also calling it a lion cage and it’s rly messing with me. and then he is like there’s to many plants. rly there isn’t enough. and then also he’s like there going to die with the light. I SAID “ok” like idec. but fr i’m rly upset

You can buy window film kits at home depot for leas than $10 that stick on with double sided tape (which easily pulls off). That lets you put a plastic water barrier on a few sides to protect from mist overspray, but it is a fine, focused mist so its not like a spray bottle spraying outside your cage.

Holes can be smaller by putting the zip tie right up against the frame but its too late for that. You might want to support your plants with some vertical branches which will help keep the holes from getting bigger. Plants will hide the holes. You can also find these cages on Craigslist for around $50 usually... so while you dont want to just throw away money, if he is really that upset you can probably find a replacement.

You can buy window film kits at home depot for leas than $10 that stick on with double sided tape (which easily pulls off). That lets you put a plastic water barrier on a few sides to protect from mist overspray, but it is a fine, focused mist so its not like a spray bottle spraying outside your cage.

Holes can be smaller by putting the zip tie right up against the frame but its too late for that. You might want to support your plants with some vertical branches which will help keep the holes from getting bigger. Plants will hide the holes. You can also find these cages on Craigslist for around $50 usually... so while you dont want to just throw away money, if he is really that upset you can probably find a replacement.
yeah. snitz remember when i said that the th50 shipped and i lied. i’m sorry :/ but yeah. i got it now. taking this pretty serious. but yeah he will get over it. did i do a good job? and yeah we will be placing the cage on something nkt just on the flooor it’s just temporary

You’ve done a nice job on your enclosure. The plants will grow and fill out much more. You could for now add some artificial plants. Those are light weight and super easy to attach without making screen holes. You do need more branches and a vine or two at all different levels so your Cham can go lower if it wants to be cooler.
Maybe try asking your Dad to help you with putting the window film on to protect the floor. Even though you may not need his help, you’ll be including him, showing that you take his concern seriously and it always feels good to be ‘needed’ by your kid.

yeah
You’ve done a nice job on your enclosure. The plants will grow and fill out much more. You could for now add some artificial plants. Those are light weight and super easy to attach without making screen holes. You do need more branches and a vine or two at all different levels so your Cham can go lower if it wants to be cooler.
Maybe try asking your Dad to help you with putting the window film on to protect the floor. Even though you may not need his help, you’ll be including him, showing that you take his concern seriously and it always feels good to be ‘needed’ by your kid.
but he goes on about how we’re disrespe
he goes on about how we disrespectful and always asking for stuff. like o need a drainage system? any ideas. i’m thinking about a m tray under it like someone said on a different thread and just like drill some holes in the bottom platform? sound good

Anything that will hold water will work, and yes, you’ll have to drill holes in the bottom for drainage. Personally I’d try to keep the holes in the center or at least just one area, rather than all over. I’ve seen some pics where plastic tote bins were used. Whatever you use, it should be easy to empty and clean.

Anything that will hold water will work, and yes, you’ll have to drill holes in the bottom for drainage. Personally I’d try to keep the holes in the center or at least just one area, rather than all over. I’ve seen some pics where plastic tote bins were used. Whatever you use, it should be easy to empty and clean.
yeah

No you need a water waste bin under the cage. Our cages get misted for 2m 4x a day .. That water needs to go somewhere. The tote makes it easy to catch that and clean wit ha shop vac.

LOVE the live plants !!!!
However one thing I noticed is that you may run into trouble down the line with the scheffloura in the top corner they grow up vertical may want to swap it with your pothos on the ground as it will vine down and create little avenues you can place for your Cham to climb on.

You can also get screen repair patches. I got this at walmart in case I ever needed it.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Screenmend-Door-and-Window-Screen-Repair-Patch-Charcoal/47385929
No you need a water waste bin under the cage. Our cages get misted for 2m 4x a day .. That water needs to go somewhere. The tote makes it easy to catch that and clean wit ha shop vac.
yeah i’m planning on that hopefully. but i’m sneaking on, and i got my phoen taken. btw so bye

Back
Top Bottom