Cage Odor?

jona0211

I am not a chameleon owner but someday hope to be one. Does anyone have issues with cage odor? I imagine they start to smell if you do not clean it out on a weekly basis which is unhealthy anyways for your cham. I was just curious what cham owners had to say or think?

Thanks!

Cham cages dont stink. Unless you leave gobs of dead feeders in the bottom of the cage or dont have a way for your water to drain properly. Either of those issues are good ways to give your animal an infection. So if you set your enclosure up properly and clean it reg you wont have any odors. I have four cages now and no odors.

Now your cricket bin is another story. lol

Yea Chameleons do not stink. and they (if healthy) even poop in a nice little sack;). That drys quickly with almost no noticable oder and (I use a shop vac) to suck up regularly and keep a clean dry cage floor when possible.

One other thing, I freerange alot of mine and seriously, I have most my freerangers that have picked a specific spot to poop from. Usually a branch that sticks out the furthest, and which ensures it's waste will fall to floor without hitting a branch! Therefore I just put a plastic tub under that area with cat litter in it and the rest is just clean easy!

Back
Top Bottom