cage fever and refusal to eat

chilliouswilly

my female veiled chameleon has refused to eat for over a week. her food is of appropriate size and has regularly been dusted. she also has cage fever and refuses to sit still until she falls asleep. i have a lying bin in her cage, but based off her size and appearance she does not appear to have eggs.
what could this be a sign of?

Hi there welcome to the forum. Can you post pics of the entire cage including the lighting on the top and of your cham?

Hi there welcome to the forum. Can you post pics of the entire cage including the lighting on the top and of your cham?
she constantly stays dark, and i’m not sure if she has eggs

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 74
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 88
Your going to want to make some adjustments for her cage... More branches and removing the fake plants. Also if the planter with dirt is her lay bin it will not hold a tunnel for her. Here are some resources for you.

This will go through everything including how to for set up of the cage https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

And below is an image for the lay bin. Although most keepers use 100% washed playsand.

laybin graphic.jpg

Back
Top Bottom