cage drainage ?

ahowie111

okay i did alot of searching around and cannot really find the answer i am looking for.. i have a veiled cham in a reptarium, and the cage is awesome but with misting and a drip setup i keep getting to much water in the bottom of the cage, i have softray bottom with eco earth in it.. i want to get rid of the eco earth because it is a hassle and not needed but then water would just pool up in the softray.. so my question is.. is there any other substrate i could use that would drain better and be good for my cham? in my cage i have a waterfall, a bunch of branches and stuff, and also a bin of sand.. incase she decides to lay eggs. any help would be greatly appreciated.. adam

A pic would be good, but you should get rid of the waterfall and any bedding on the bottom the cage and consider a drain system. Both the waterfall and the bedding will breed mold and bacteria really fast.

use the search feature at the top of this page and search drainage. There are many threads about how to make a drainage system for your cage.

best trick in the book

i saw a HUGE picture "story" the other day of how a couple built a giant setup but for drainage they took a piece of plexi and sandwhiched it between to wood frames of the same size as the plexi. clamp the framed together with the plexi in between and put it in the oven at 300. after a while the plexi will start to droop because of the heat but keep a close eye on it because it could easy fall appart. once you see what you want take it out and let it sit for a while. once it is cool take the frame off and voila! a perfect drainage setup :D drill a hole in the center and a bucket underneath and youre good to go

let me know if you have any questions

ps. im sure people are reading this saying to themselves OMG I SAW THAT TOO AND IT WAS SO GENIUS !!!!

HAHAHA

Back
Top Bottom