Cage bottom

Diezel

i need some kind of sink or something in the bottom of my cage. its getting way to hard to keep having to clean the bottom. my cage is 4ftx2ft what can i do for some kind of drainage?

Hi there,

If you find that you need drainage, chances are you are over watering. Try minimizing the amount of water you are offering on a daily basis. 3 times a day is sufficient as long as you observe that they drink during those periods.

If you are using a Dripper, try using a collection cup. Nothing beats hand misting though. Too moist of an enclosure will cause problems in the future.

If you are using an automated misting system you will need a drain. Home depot has a large selection of plastic drains; I'm sure you can find one that will fit your needs. Vincent from Screameleons has a good point. Make sure your cage is drying out completely after a watering.

Hey everybody,

I was just wondering how it is possible to mist for 5 minutes long and not have any water at the bottom that needs draining? Somebody told me that what I was doing was exactly right... and then I read this that if there's a lot of water at the bottom, then it's too much? I have a cage that's 2x2x4 and I mist all sides of the cage and make sure that all the plants and everythign inside is dripping so that my Veiled has enough water. I mist at least 3 times a day for 5 minutes each. 5 minutes of misting for me means the cage is dripping wet. I'm still currently configuring out a draining solution for my bottom as well. If the need to drain water from the bottom is too much... then how come so many people I've read on this website is devising or sharing their solutions for draining water at the bottom of their cages?

hey all im new to the forums...i use dirt on the bottom of my reptarium and the plants i planted suck up all the water from misting...but let me know if soil is bad its all organic from my yard ... :)

I drilled a 2 1/2 hole straight through my cage and put a screen drain filter in it, like this one but bigger. I still have a little standing water after mists but not much. I try to position my plants farther away from the cage edges to the center gets pushed down slightly causing it to drain. To help you could always put a slice of cardboard or something under the appropriate sides to direct water flow to the drain if possible.

http://shorinternational.com/images/ImagesC/cln22500.gif

Back
Top Bottom