Cage advice

Luca

I got my chameleon 3 months ago, and recently I made him a custom cage. I’d like to get some opinions about the cage.

The cage is 32” x 32” x51”
The base has a partial slope for the water to collect near the front
I have 2 uvb bulds since the mesh is dense stainless steel

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 39
I’m ordering a uv sensor online to make check, i cant seem to find one in stores
This is a good idea get the solarmeter 6.5... Your looking for a 3 uvi level at basking below the uvb.

If the screen is not constricting it then your good. If it is reducing it too much then you want to try a 12% bulb and retest. This stronger bulb will push the higher UVI a bit farther so the reduction from the screen will be fine. And I would only use one T5 with UVB bulb they need to be able to move in and out of it as needed.

You may want to add a pc fan to the top of the cage so it is pulling the air up and out of the top of the cage. This is very helpful with a full hybrid enclosure like you have.

This is a good idea get the solarmeter 6.5... Your looking for a 3 uvi level at basking below the uvb.

If the screen is not constricting it then your good. If it is reducing it too much then you want to try a 12% bulb and retest. This stronger bulb will push the higher UVI a bit farther so the reduction from the screen will be fine. And I would only use one T5 with UVB bulb they need to be able to move in and out of it as needed.

You may want to add a pc fan to the top of the cage so it is pulling the air up and out of the top of the cage. This is very helpful with a full hybrid enclosure like you have.
I am using T5’s. The pc fan is a good idea

I am using T5’s. The pc fan is a good idea
that is good you can still use both but you want to switch one bulb out with a 6400 k daylight bulb for your plants and not use the second UVB bulb.

Do you know what uvb bulb strength you got?

The enclosure looks amazing by the way and great job with the live plants. Def get a bunch of horizontal branches in there are the mud and lower level. I love making little highways and avenues with sticks

that is good you can still use both but you want to switch one bulb out with a 6400 k daylight bulb for your plants and not use the second UVB bulb.

Do you know what uvb bulb strength you got?
Arcadia HO T5

I believe so, it was linked from Neptune the chameleons channel
So just double check the bulb. It should be written on the end of it on the glass. I am betting it was the 6% since you got the link from Neptune. That is what she recommends as it is a hobby standard for chams.

So check your UVI with this bulb. If you get a 3-4 UVI coming up off the branch an inch or two towards the light then your good with the screen your using. If its not let us know what UVI your getting. There are ways to work around this by using the stronger bulb as long as you have the solarmeter 6.5 to double check the outputs. :)

Back
Top Bottom