Buying a Cham. soon and new cage setup help!Newbie

sk8elenex92

Hey guys, Ok So i want to purchase my first chameleon. Im not to sure how well it would work since its going to be in my room, and I need some kind of drainage. the only thing that is stoping me from getting it already is my mom, she is worried that the water will get on the floor in my bedroom and make the room smell. so im think about buying a cage friom bluebestreptiles, a 18*18*36. Is there any way i can make a nice drainage out of that cage so no water will be able to get on the floor. Has any one here modified that sort of cage for a drainage. If any of you guys have any suggestions on a different cage for indoor can you please let me know. Also one more question about the chameleon and it getting stressed out, is it ok for the cage to be by a tv or when the radio is playing. Will that be very stressfull for it??
Thank you guys.

Hey guys, Ok So i want to purchase my first chameleon. Im not to sure how well it would work since its going to be in my room, and I need some kind of drainage. the only thing that is stoping me from getting it already is my mom, she is worried that the water will get on the floor in my bedroom and make the room smell. so im think about buying a cage friom bluebestreptiles, a 18*18*36. Is there any way i can make a nice drainage out of that cage so no water will be able to get on the floor. Has any one here modified that sort of cage for a drainage. If any of you guys have any suggestions on a different cage for indoor can you please let me know. Also one more question about the chameleon and it getting stressed out, is it ok for the cage to be by a tv or when the radio is playing. Will that be very stressfull for it??
Thank you guys.

i put my cham in my bedroom. I use a baking tray on the bottom of cage floor to catch the running water and i cover 2 sides of the cage with breathable shower curtain, so it won' wet the wall.
if your cage stinks, that means there is a huge problem with your enclosure.
if you take out his poops daily, it won't b stinky at all.

chameleon is a clean animal.. meaning that they won't tolerate dirty enclosure.
bacteria and mold is chameleon's enemies..
they can kill your chams... so sanitary is important.

as far as tv goes.. as long as it remains in normal volume (no sub woofer or anything that creates a lot of vibration) i think it'll b ok.
The problem with tv is most likely the light. you might not b able to turn on the tv at night without waking up your chameleon.

however, i found out that if i cover the side of his cage that face the TV and turn it on about an hour or so after he fell asleep, he does not wake up..
but i can't guarantee it will work with yours.
plus, for some reason, my chameleon freaks out when he sees TV.. he get close to it and stares at it for hours and hours...

So, it might not be a good idea to put it around your tv.. but if you have to, there are ways to get around it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom