Bump on head

We had left for a week long vacation, upon coming home i noticed a bump on his head. It has grown and now looks to be messing with his eye. Does anyone have any advice before going to the vet?

We left him with super worms and dubia roaches to eat and to our knowledge he was misted once a day and fed every other day. Lights are on auto timer. He is a rescue we have only had a few months. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20230425_091452.jpg
    20230425_091452.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 53
  • 20230425_091718.jpg
    20230425_091718.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 58
This looks like possibly a massive infection... Make sure your vet actually knows how to treat reptiles. They would more than likely aspirate the area and put on oral antibiotics.

But also this boy has pretty severe MBD. You can tell by the bend to the bones of the arm. This is normally due to incorrect UVB lighting and supplements. I would post what your using for both of these and pics of the entire cage. Unless this has already been treated and corrections have been made to stop the MBD progression.

This looks like possibly a massive infection... Make sure your vet actually knows how to treat reptiles. They would more than likely aspirate the area and put on oral antibiotics.

But also this boy has pretty severe MBD. You can tell by the bend to the bones of the arm. This is normally due to incorrect UVB lighting and supplements. I would post what your using for both of these and pics of the entire cage. Unless this has already been treated and corrections have been made to stop the MBD progression.
Agreed with everything @Beman said.

Hey Beman! Thanks so much. i figured so. Is it okay that the appointment is about 2 weeks away? What can i do for him in the mean time?

Im pretty sure i have made the correct changes for the MBD. I have the arcadia t5 6% and feed with calcium dusted bugs every feeding and calcium with D3 twice a month. Unfortunately his previous owners had him in the Petsmart cage/lighting kit so im pretty sure he was NEVER getting correct uvb/supplements/feeding. They say he is around 3yrs so im honestly not sure how he survived those conditions for that long..

Thanks again so much

Are you able to get him in any sooner? Maybe your vet can let you know if they have a cancellation. It’s always best to treat infections promptly as they not only can worsen greatly, but they can spread throughout the body and cause sepsis.
For at least the first visit with a vet, I take a written copy of my husbandry and even pics of my enclosure (using the help form questions as a template). Saves a ton of time and q&a with the vet.

Hey Beman! Thanks so much. i figured so. Is it okay that the appointment is about 2 weeks away? What can i do for him in the mean time?

Im pretty sure i have made the correct changes for the MBD. I have the arcadia t5 6% and feed with calcium dusted bugs every feeding and calcium with D3 twice a month. Unfortunately his previous owners had him in the Petsmart cage/lighting kit so im pretty sure he was NEVER getting correct uvb/supplements/feeding. They say he is around 3yrs so im honestly not sure how he survived those conditions for that long..

Thanks again so much
So push them to get him in asap. It is not something I would wait on. Due to the location and how swollen that area is you want to get on it asap.

Sounds like you have made the right corrections. May I see a picture of the enclosure with the lights on top and of the front labels of your supplements? This way I can make sure the supplements are the best options.

Back
Top Bottom