BSFL substrate

BCboom

So... I'm ordering 250 bsfl for my chameleon and I am making my own keeper for them, and I am wondering what is the best substrate for them? I'm thinking of using some topsoil with coco husk, would that work well? Also we have a worm farm that produces organic dirt/compost, would that work well instead of topsoil?

The ones I have received from Symton are in a dry substrate that seems to last.
Those from Fluker's are in something that might possibly be a compost, which they seem to continue to consume. I toss a little coconut coir in the container when things start to get too wet.

With only one or two chams unfortunately these probably won't last long enough. I recently came up with a great solution to keep them (and waxworms and fly pupae) much longer. I had an old freebie minifridge I am talking like 8 x 8 inches. I figured being so cheap it probably wouldn't get very cold. After monitoring temps over several days I found it If put a little paper box (half a kleenex box) in there, and elevated the thermometer (since the cold comes from the bottom and no I am not blocking a fan), it stays at 58-61 degrees. PERFECT for my bugs since the regular fridge is too cold.

Wow! I believe you, but I've never seen one that small. :eek:
That wouldn't even hold a six-pack! :LOL:
Didn't actually measure it so I could be off-that is exactly what it was designed for to barely fit 6 cans. I got it for free for ordering from Staples LOL. It has been sitting in basement gathering dust for 3 years until a lightbulb went off.

Back
Top Bottom