Brown patch on side of my chameleon

Ava3087

I noticed that my chameleon has a small brown patch on the side of his body. This is my first chameleon and i need help figuring out if i should take him to the vet or not. i saw someone else’s post and theirs had a burn. but i cant tell if my cham has a burn, infection, or bruise. Please help me!!!
9EB560ED-CDC8-4F87-9CD5-CC728C1C1898.jpeg
1F08513A-C916-46A2-8D28-EDAE674BA5A6.jpeg

Looks like a burn to me, it should heal on its own. Make sure she can’t get to close to the heat lamp. Is this a veiled chameleon? Looks like you may have a female. Could you post pictures of the back of the back feet and the pictures of your chameleon please?

thank you so much!! yes i will right now. and she is a female and a veiled chameleon. I also moved her basking branch down so that she can’t get too close to the light.
CE8D4016-C26E-47D7-B733-C69DC4E5D4A5.jpeg
30373749-D502-48B0-BCE1-DFE680FD043D.jpeg
F99B1DC6-169F-4D22-A8CC-EBF6666B67D9.jpeg

Looks like a burn to me, it should heal on its own. Make sure she can’t get to close to the heat lamp. Is this a veiled chameleon? Looks like you may have a female. Could you post pictures of the back of the back feet and the pictures of your chameleon please?
thank you so much!! here are the pictures. she’s a denial veiled chameleon. I moved her basking branch down so that she can’t get too close to the light.
B551540E-513F-4793-8789-2C2E428D5CAC.jpeg
16EAC722-EC16-4BE8-ACE4-537A0BAF1289.jpeg
658EA6A6-4608-4DA2-BEDF-241D481A207C.jpeg

Be careful how much you feed her too...if you overfeed the veiled females you push them into producing large clutches and MBD and prolapses and reproductive issues.

How many insects do tou feed her per month?

Be careful how much you feed her too...if you overfeed the veiled females you push them into producing large clutches and MBD and prolapses and reproductive issues.

How many insects do tou feed her per month?
thank you so much for telling me this. I feed her 12 crickets a day and sprinkle calcium on them twice a week. i also give her wax worms or meal worms twice a week.

You should take a look at the care sheet on this forum it seems you might have the care all wrong.

You Definitely have a female. Your going to need a lay bin ASAP. She’s old enough to start laying
You Definitely have a female. Your going to need a lay bin ASAP. She’s old enough to start laying
i just put her lay bin in. I’ve heard it takes around 72 hours for them to finish? during this time should i still put food in there or just continue to give her privacy. do you have any tips?

You should take a look at the care sheet on this forum it seems you might have the care all wrong.
I did a lot of research and asked people i knew who have chameleons a lot of questions. i’m definitely still learning though. i know her cage is right. it’s a screen cage and it has a ton of fullage and branches. I also have a sprayer that sprays her cage and keeps the humidity in a good range. The people working at petco also helped me a lot. I think some of the things I have read and heard about their food has been wrong so i’m definitely going to do more research on that. If you have any tips for me that would be great!

If your chameleon has a problem you obviously don't have the care right.

Fill out this form for me please. Fill out every question. Be specific when answering. Include pictures of your entire setup, from the lights down.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

Crickets should be dusted lightly with a phos free calcium powder at all feedings but 4 a month. Two of the remaining days, once every two weeks the light dusting should be phos free calcium/D3 powder and once s week on the other two days they insects should be lightly dusted with a vitamin powder that contains a beta carotene source of vitamin A.

At that age feeding should be only every two or three days and about 5 or 6 crickets (or other insects of same calorie value) per feeding.

Back
Top Bottom