US Brookesia sp. or Rieppeleon

BleuSaphir

Avid Member
I’m looking for Brookesia sp. ; particularly Brookesia superciliaris
or Rieppeleon chameleon.

Message me for any surplus. :)

These are going to be much harder to find. From what I know they are imported in smaller numbers and breeders are taking on those imports to try to increase the number we have in the states. I will tag two people that know far more than I do about this. @javadi @Mendez

There are no Rieppeleon nor Rhampholeon in the U.S. They are even rare in Europe. This may change if more countries (Tanzania) open for export but as of right now there is a 0% chance of finding them in the U.S.

Brookesia are another story. Very rare captive bred, but imported from time to time. The import season is upon us so wild caught will start popping up. Sometimes if my CBB brookesia aren't sold out in advance I will post them on the classifieds here. I've sent out a decent number of pairs now and hope this will continue. Mendez has had success with superciliaris but I doubt he will want to part with any of his CBB individuals anytime soon.

There is nobody else to my knowledge.

There are no Rieppeleon nor Rhampholeon in the U.S. They are even rare in Europe. This may change if more countries (Tanzania) open for export but as of right now there is a 0% chance of finding them in the U.S.

Brookesia are another story. Very rare captive bred, but imported from time to time. The import season is upon us so wild caught will start popping up. Sometimes if my CBB brookesia aren't sold out in advance I will post them on the classifieds here. I've sent out a decent number of pairs now and hope this will continue. Mendez has had success with superciliaris but I doubt he will want to part with any of his CBB individuals anytime soon.

Thank you Michael!

How sad no one in the past were able to bring captive babies of Rieppeleon. They seemed popular in the past. :/

How long does import season last? I decided I shouldn't get any until after the holidays since I'll be gone too long and too often.

The import season extends far past the holiday season. If you're looking for a healthy animal, getting some in February or March is a good time since most animals will be recovered from the dry season, giving them an additional buffer to endure the whole importation process. You'll usually see imports start in late November and last until May. Sometimes you will see an import come in after May, but ideally you want to pick a time between January and April, especially if you are new to wild-caught.

With that said, most species of Brookesia you see in the trade come in with each import.

Back
Top Bottom