Breeding concerns, dehydrated Chameleon

Day 2 update after laid eggs: I am at work now but this morning I checked on her and she is up high in her cage and looks to be making a good recovery. Her colors are returning and I can see small improvements. She is continuing to feed and drink with no problems I can see. I am waiting and watching for her to recover a little more before switching out he cage for the bigger one. I was going to order the new light but figure, I would like to see what some of ya'll recommend for he fixture. I was thinking (zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-high-output-terrarium-hood?) Its what pops up on google search fro t5ho reptile lamps. Unless you know of something better? This only seams to hold 1 bulb. I assume I would still need a basking lamp with this?

Day 2 update after laid eggs: I am at work now but this morning I checked on her and she is up high in her cage and looks to be making a good recovery. Her colors are returning and I can see small improvements. She is continuing to feed and drink with no problems I can see. I am waiting and watching for her to recover a little more before switching out he cage for the bigger one. I was going to order the new light but figure, I would like to see what some of ya'll recommend for he fixture. I was thinking (zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-high-output-terrarium-hood?) Its what pops up on google search fro t5ho reptile lamps. Unless you know of something better? This only seams to hold 1 bulb. I assume I would still need a basking lamp with this?
That light and hood will work fine. If you plan on adding lots of live plants and letting the cage become dense with foliage (recommended) then go with a 10% bulb. Yes you will also need a heat lamp. Florescent lights do not give off alot of heat.

I would say horn worms, because they are like bags of water. I got my cham dehydrated and after a few worms she was happy and heathly.

Thank you. I will do the 10% bulb. ordering now. I have horn worms and wax worms in stock. I will hook her up tonight. Egg count is 22. she was a buys girl lol.

20190716_071502.jpg

Back
Top Bottom