Breeders, I need your help 😢

RikkiL

Established Member
I have an panther egg that is due soon, only I'm not sure my egg has survived.
I noticed egg has white fuzzy mold on it and is starting to turn more tan/yellow vs white. We are devastated over this. Is there anything we can do to fix this or is it too late. Also has some indents not sure if that's from the vermiculite (granola) or if it's a really bad sign. I have reached out to the egg man but have not heard back yet.
20211017_210833.jpg

I hope so, I'm so very sad but trying to remain positive. I understand that with breeding it happens and it's a way of life but for me to have this one egg It's devastating 😢. Seems silly in a way that I'm this upset, but I was so happy to have this experience and I have grown very attached to this little egg over the last few months. Even though it just stays in the closet.

I hope so, I'm so very sad but trying to remain positive. I understand that with breeding it happens and it's a way of life but for me to have this one egg It's devastating 😢. Seems silly in a way that I'm this upset, but I was so happy to have this experience and I have grown very attached to this little egg over the last few months. Even though it just stays in the closet.
Yeah I am sorry hun. hopefully one of the people I tagged will be on soon and can give you some feedback. If you have more pics I would post them as well. Although I can see the white fuzzy mold your talking about on the egg. Wish I could be more helpful but this is outside my area of knowledge.

Yeah I am sorry hun. hopefully one of the people I tagged will be on soon and can give you some feedback. If you have more pics I would post them as well. Although I can see the white fuzzy mold your talking about on the egg. Wish I could be more helpful but this is outside my area of knowledge.
I was terrified to take the lid off and take the picture I am not sure if I have any ones that are better. I was told not to move the egg container and to leave it except to weigh it every 3 weeks orso. I have a wyze cam set up so I could monitor it as the hatch date was the 15th which I know is just a maybe.

I would agree with @Brodybreaux25 I doesn't look completely unviable at all. When they go bad it is usually pretty obvious with them molding over and turning a dark color. I would make sure temp and moisture are constant, but I don't know what else I would do for fear of making it worse. If it is that close I think there is still a good chance for it. The mold isn't good, but I can barely see it so not to bad.

Its hard to see your egg through the plastic lid but mold on the outside could just mean it's a little too wet inside the container. You could try taking the lid off for an hour or so to dry it a little, but you might want to check with whoever sent you the egg first to see what they say.
I've also seen blogs like this one say to put a little athletes foot powder on the mold to dry it up. (again though I'd ask whoever sent you the egg since it sounds like they gave you pretty detailed care instructions)

As far as it being past the "due date", don't worry about that at all.
Does the egg have any little stretch mark looking lines on it like these?
eggs.jpg

Its hard to see your egg through the plastic lid but mold on the outside could just mean it's a little too wet inside the container. You could try taking the lid off for an hour or so to dry it a little, but you might want to check with whoever sent you the egg first to see what they say.
I've also seen blogs like this one say to put a little athletes foot powder on the mold to dry it up. (again though I'd ask whoever sent you the egg since it sounds like they gave you pretty detailed care instructions)

As far as it being past the "due date", don't worry about that at all.
Does the egg have any little stretch mark looking lines on it like these?
View attachment 312809
Those eggs are huge !!!! My egg never grew, stayed the same size till about a week ago maybe and it shrunk a bit. No stretch marks just started getting the clear windows. At least that's that what I thought it was

Back
Top Bottom