black soldier flies...

Hello.

I bought some soldier larvae. Now i have about 12 flies inside the container they came in. Where can i put them? I dont want them dying. Plus my small cham dont like them. I put one in his home and its been flying around for about 3 days. I just put one in my older chams house. We will see if he eats it. thx

been googling. sites state they can eat vegetation, fruit etc.

I kept my larvae in the container they showed up in. Should i keep them in another container and feed them oatmeal, veggies etc (sort of gut loading)? If so what kind of dirt is that they come in? thx

Are you trying to keep them? If so I'm pretty sure you need a compost. The sad thing for me is that my chameleon doesn't like hornworms. This wasn't until I purchased some. Now I am going to just let them run out of food and die. Its kinda sad ?

Hello.

I bought some soldier larvae. Now i have about 12 flies inside the container they came in. Where can i put them? I dont want them dying. Plus my small cham dont like them. I put one in his home and its been flying around for about 3 days. I just put one in my older chams house. We will see if he eats it. thx
Do you have any other reptiles you could feed them to? My beardie loves the bsf.

been googling. sites state they can eat vegetation, fruit etc.

I kept my larvae in the container they showed up in. Should i keep them in another container and feed them oatmeal, veggies etc (sort of gut loading)? If so what kind of dirt is that they come in? thx

They have no nom nom parts.

The larva can eat compost no problem.
Hermetia-illucens.jpg

No i just have my 4 month old and my 7-9 month old. the larvae is fine in the little container they came in. I just wanted to know if i could or should gut load the larvae? thx

Back
Top Bottom