Black leaves

Lexlynn

Established Member
my black thumb at it again. I got this new plant light (jungle dawn) and my leaves are turning brown?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 72
Are you over watering them? This can happen when the roots are too wet...
I use a layer of about 2 inches of hydro balls in the bottom of my pots that way the water does not sit on the roots and drains better.

Are you over watering them? This can happen when the roots are too wet...
I use a layer of about 2 inches of hydro balls in the bottom of my pots that way the water does not sit on the roots and drains better.
We primarily rely on misting for watering - I don’t have a drainage layer for that specific plant.

Yeah it is - you think our plant light is just too close maybe ?

prob heat then - they dont mind full sun (but still need to be acclimated). How warm is it if you put your hand where the leaves are (feel with back of hand)? It doesnt have to be scolding hot to scorch the leaves over time -but maybe its a bit too warm/close (if so watch your cham, too). Otherwise I would move it a little or just see if it progresses. The next leaf will be acclimated - but they get huge so it may outgrow the cage.

prob heat then - they dont mind full sun (but still need to be acclimated). How warm is it if you put your hand where the leaves are (feel with back of hand)? It doesnt have to be scolding hot to scorch the leaves over time -but maybe its a bit too warm/close (if so watch your cham, too). Otherwise I would move it a little or just see if it progresses. The next leaf will be acclimated - but they get huge so it may outgrow the cage.
A whole new leaf grew a week after I got it I was so shocked. I’ll check it see if it’s too hot. If so should I just raise the plant light and the Uv too?

A whole new leaf grew a week after I got it I was so shocked. I’ll check it see if it’s too hot. If so should I just raise the plant light and the Uv too?

how close are they? I wouldnt raise the uvb bulb w/o taking a reading or you’re cham may not get proper levels. If it were me, I’d probably move the plant a tad so your cham doesnt get to a hot spot.

how close are they? I wouldnt raise the uvb bulb w/o taking a reading or you’re cham may not get proper levels. If it were me, I’d probably move the plant a tad so your cham doesnt get to a hot spot.
The leaf I took a pic of is about a foot and a half under the uv and plant light

Back
Top Bottom