Bioactive plants

saradoggy10

Established Member
Hello!
I can take care of animals just fine but....
I have a really big problem with botany. How often do you water your bioactive terrarium plants? Do you soak them once a week or just pour a little water along with misting?
Mine keep... uh... passing away and I think I'm getting a little better from the lights.
What do you think of these lights? In my 18x18 cage I have the one fluorescent with the T5 in the same fixture. For the 24x24 I'm going to have a seperate fixture for the T5 and have the two fluorescents.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0721TG86M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There won't be any chameleons in my habitat until I can ensure that the plants are as healthy as my husbandry plan.
Let me know if you have any suggestions!

Just mist as part of the chameleon’s misting... it should be enough to water the plants, too. Sometimes the plants hanging or up high dont get enough water, though, so you should water them according to the plant (likely once a week).

I prefer my whole cage get soaked when i mist - so I make sure I get good coverage and enough mist heads. Drainage is also important - as soggy roots will eventually rot.

A dual t5 will add decent lighting, but I really like adding plants lights, like the Sansi LEDs or JungleDawn. They really brighten the cage and create a whole other ambience IMO.
It is not a dual T5. I specified for the small one it's one t5 and one 6500k

Back
Top Bottom