Bioactive Mentor

Ok let’s start with the actual build so we’re all on the same page as far as the cage setup. It’s going to be a lot so I’ll try to keep it punchy, and thank you all again for going through this with me! Goal here is for this viv to be 100% automated. I know that’s impossible but I know I can get it pretty damn close. See the pictures I posted above for visual references for what I’m covering next...

Dementions- 48”Wx48”Tx18”D solid back, front and sides are wrapped in High Visibility screen

Lighting -48” T5HO quad fixture from Lightyourreptiles.com. Single 6% Arcadia UVB and three daylight grow bulbs

MistKing - one normal nozzle, one rain nozzle. Hooked up to a self-refilling resovior

The entire top inside rim has 1/2 PVC running around it to make a full fog curtain to keep night time humidity up. Hooked up to a regular fogger

Every interior surface has 3 coats of FlexSeal on it, floor has 5

Drainage - the floor has multiple drainage channels cut into it and all sloped to the center shower drain. It holds no excess water whatsoever. The shower drain is tied into the house plumbing so there are no buckets to empty

The background is a custom epoxy resin piece of my own design

The soil bin is a removable 6” deep bin and covers the entire bottom of the enclosure. The bottom is made of 3 layers of fine Stainless Steel mesh
What did you make the Drainage floor out of? How did you get drain channels. I see your photos but cannot figure out what it is made from. I cannot wait to see the finished product. If you could tell me how you made the floor I would really appreciate it

Old thread....
plywood box 100% encased in ChemTec Epoxy and FlexSeal.

carve your drainage channels first, then encase everything.

Cozyel 110V 800W Palm Router Electric Hand Trimmer Wood Router 1/4" Collets Woodworking Tool Laminate Trimmer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N78QX5N/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_Ofg.Fb7726D3J

Use this bit 1/2” deep max. Start in the corners and run each channel to the center or wherever your drain will be.
Bestgle Set of 5 Piece Straight Dado Router Bit Set Carbide Wood Milling Cutter Woodworking Tools, Cutting Diameter 1/4",3/8",1/2",5/8",3/4", 1/4-Inch Shank(Yellow) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GYWMDHQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_cng.Fb44TCAKR

Attachments

• 19474B06-4412-45D9-AB95-8B041CF8A64F.jpeg
    19474B06-4412-45D9-AB95-8B041CF8A64F.jpeg
    86.7 KB · Views: 107
Back
Top Bottom