Best way to hang misting system?

emilhayek

Established Member
So my cage finally came in from amazon. it’s a repto-breeze XL sitting on a repti-breeze stand with shelf and i’m not sure if i should run the tube through the bottom or make a hole on the top side then zip tie the nozzle into place, any suggestions? i have a monsoon solo. going to buy plants right now!!

There is something called a "grommet" or a "bulkhead" that you can look into. Basically you cut a medium hole in the mesh, on the side (the top/bottom are going to get abused anyway, so i wouldnt further it with a hole) and then said device clamps on both sides of the mesh to keep it from fraying/bugs escaping. Then you just feed the tube through.

Here is one with a 1" hole that you may be able to fit the entire nozzle through:

https://www.amazon.com/Lifegard-Aquatics-Double-Threaded-Bulkhead/dp/B0002DKAU0

There is something called a "grommet" or a "bulkhead" that you can look into. Basically you cut a medium hole in the mesh, on the side (the top/bottom are going to get abused anyway, so i wouldnt further it with a hole) and then said device clamps on both sides of the mesh to keep it from fraying/bugs escaping. Then you just feed the tube through.

Here is one with a 1" hole that you may be able to fit the entire nozzle through:

https://www.amazon.com/Lifegard-Aquatics-Double-Threaded-Bulkhead/dp/B0002DKAU0
Cool! Thank you! i’ll go pick it up while i go buy some plants as well

Use one of these: https://www.amazon.com/MistKing-222...keywords=mist+king+cage&qid=1590534279&sr=8-4

IMG_20200526_190409.jpg

So my cage finally came in from amazon. it’s a repto-breeze XL sitting on a repti-breeze stand with shelf and i’m not sure if i should run the tube through the bottom or make a hole on the top side then zip tie the nozzle into place, any suggestions? i have a monsoon solo. going to buy plants right now!!

I have the exact same enclosure and misting system! I will attach pictures of how I set mine up, its probably not the best option so I would listen to the others but if you are super paranoid about bugs escaping your enclosure like me, I couldnt bring myself to cutting a whole in the enclosure. Instead I just set my mister up on the closest table and ran my misting wire through the side of the enclosure. Its is kind of hard to explain but I will attach photos. Like I said before, this definetly isn't the best option but its what worked for me so I thought I'd share!

Attachments

• 83189E10-385F-4BEB-BC5D-4B1901890116.jpeg
    83189E10-385F-4BEB-BC5D-4B1901890116.jpeg
    223.9 KB · Views: 124
  • 697B080E-9443-4899-B0B7-EED870C8B275.jpeg
    697B080E-9443-4899-B0B7-EED870C8B275.jpeg
    542 KB · Views: 119
  • 402F6506-99BF-41D7-B0B4-891C338C097E.jpeg
    402F6506-99BF-41D7-B0B4-891C338C097E.jpeg
    245.6 KB · Views: 116
  • EDAE7436-1E27-468A-B394-036468ADD951.jpeg
    EDAE7436-1E27-468A-B394-036468ADD951.jpeg
    160.7 KB · Views: 141
I had a small hole in the top of my old enclosure for the monsoon I use, but in the new enclosure I have.. I have found I just use it to spray the plants down and then I spray the top of the enclosure and it forms droplets that drip down and my chameleon really enjoys this. I don't have it hooked up lol it's more of an expensive spray bottle ha ha but I like it much much better than using a spray bottle as the mist it produces is perfect.

Curious to see what you end up going with though!

I have the exact same enclosure and misting system! I will attach pictures of how I set mine up, its probably not the best option so I would listen to the others but if you are super paranoid about bugs escaping your enclosure like me, I couldnt bring myself to cutting a whole in the enclosure. Instead I just set my mister up on the closest table and ran my misting wire through the side of the enclosure. Its is kind of hard to explain but I will attach photos. Like I said before, this definetly isn't the best option but its what worked for me so I thought I'd share!
yeah i kinda did this! i just cut a hole on the top side of the enclosure, put two washers (one on each side of the screen, super glue and ran the tube through, perfect fit!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 111
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 108
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 114
yeah i kinda did this! i just cut a hole on the top side of the enclosure, put two washers (one on each side of the screen, super glue and ran the tube through, perfect fit!!
Unfortunately, my experiences with super glue on enclosures have been... abysmal. :oops:
I'm using GE Silicone 1 for most things now. Just have to let it cure completely (until the fumes are gone). :)

Back
Top Bottom