Basking spot?

QuinnieLeeBlu

Avid Member
Some i got an new basking bulb and it gets so hot so my dad hung it up in the middle of the cage!!!! so is it of if the basking spot is in the middle of the cage?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    393 KB · Views: 135
What is the temperature. Please make sure it won't burn your chamelon. It should not go over 80F for females and 85F for males.

Some i got an new basking bulb and it gets so hot so my dad hung it up in the middle of the cage!!!! so is it of if the basking spot is in the middle of the cage?
Be careful if its so hot and your chameleon climbing up there. I would really have it suspended a few inches higher off the screen. He can get thermal burns and/or heat stroke. You really have to make sure that basking spot is not hotter than 83-85(80/82 is optimal) and also i would add a branch going parallel with the uvb light so he can bask under

Be careful if its so hot and your chameleon climbing up there. I would really have it suspended a few inches higher off the screen. He can get thermal burns and/or heat stroke. You really have to make sure that basking spot is not hotter than 83-85(80/82 is optimal) and also i would add a branch going parallel with the uvb light so he can bask under
It is hanging in the picture you just cant see it.

Back
Top Bottom