Basking Light

Hey guys, my chameleon's basking light went out 2 days ago and I ordered more, they're coming tomorrow. How long can a baby male panther chameleon go without a basking light?

Hey guys, my chameleon's basking light went out 2 days ago and I ordered more, they're coming tomorrow. How long can a baby male panther chameleon go without a basking light?
If there’s a local hardware store near you like Home Depot you can get a regular incandescent house bulb that provides the correct temps. You’ll have to play around with the wattages but normally a 60-75 watt will work as long as the correct temps for your cham are provided. (Some use 100 watt but I recommend these if they don’t provide correct temps then that’s where you can start playing around with it more) As for how long they can go without I’m honestly not sure but I wouldn’t risk them being without it so I’d check your local hardware store

Last edited:
I wouldn’t risk it. You can go to Home Depot, Lowe’s, Walmart, etc. and buy an incandescent household bulb. I believe 60-75 watts is most widely recommended. Also, I personally recommend keeping a spare bulb at all times just in case.

If they haven't got a std. incandescent, an incandescent flood will do (NOT spot), or a halogen flood, but for halogen, reduce the wattage just a bit.

Back
Top Bottom