basking?& humidity?

gman

Frist how far should the basking spot be from the top of cage and were should I place my humidity gauge. For my basking spot I have a mini combo dome fixture with one 75watt in it. and my temp read about 83 at about 7" FORM TOP OF OF CAGE SHOULD I PUT ANOTHER 60 WATT DAYLIGHT BULB

I would suggest a moonlight bulb for night time my chem loves it but besides for that 83 is spot on also humidity guage should be put mid cage and should always fluctuate from high when you spray or mist to 30-40 when it drys out

Temperature:
60-78F (15-25C) degrees. Temperatures over 80F (26C) are lethal to pygmy chameleons.

Taken directly from care sheet on this site. I would just drop down to 60w.

Last edited:
I never use a basking spot, just a 5% either exo terra, zoomed or arcadia compact uv. This time of year my max daytime temps are around the lower 20'sC
In the summer months they get up into high 20's without any heating.
Night time temps this time of year drop to around 14/15C.
I provide no light at all, at night... Pygmy's don't like it or need it.

pygmys do not require a "basking" spot. However a temperature gradient is always nice. I have a double fixture on top of all my pygmy cages, one 6500k and one 6% Arcadia UVB, these two bulbs create enough radiant heat that the top of my tank is mid 75 and the bottom of my tank is 67. I have plenty of vegetation to allow them to get in shade if they wish.

Anything above 80 is/can be lethal to pygmy chameleons.

Back
Top Bottom